• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Want to continue a thread from Photoshop's old Macintosh or Windows forums?

Explorer ,
Jan 03, 2012 Jan 03, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop's separate Macintosh or Windows forums are now read-only. If you recently started an active discussion in those forums, simply add the thread URL here. We'll move it to this cross-platform forum so the conversation can continue.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Explorer ,
Jan 06, 2012 Jan 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 06, 2012 Jan 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Phoenix89MR wrote:

http://forums.adobe.com/message/4103121#4103121

Got it. Sorry for the delay. That thread is now active in the General Discussion forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 18, 2012 Jan 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 18, 2012 Jan 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Done. Thanks for letting us know about that thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 22, 2012 Jan 22, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Done,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 27, 2012 Jan 27, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 27, 2012 Jan 27, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 29, 2012 Jan 29, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

want to continue this Photoshop Windows thread:
http://forums.adobe.com/thread/644884

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 30, 2012 Jan 30, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

done!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 28, 2012 Feb 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 28, 2012 Feb 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thumahawk, it's been moved to the open air

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 27, 2012 Mar 27, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

http://forums.adobe.com/message/3991859#3991859

To get Photoshop 7.0 (or 7.0.1 in my case) to work under Windows 7 64-bit, I ran the CD's Autorun under Windows XP service pack 2 compatibility. I also set the same compatibility prefs in Win 7 for the setup.exe file in the Photoshop directory of the CD-ROM.

You'll possibly encounter an error about the scratch disk being full - this is because PS 7 fails to understand big hard drives (the mega free space number looks like an empty disk, it's kinda like a Y2K problem, since PS7 programmers or the API writers never imagined so much free space, I guess). In this case, two things are important:

• You need a partition that's less than 1TB (not sure about the size, it's in another thread) for the scratch disk. I used my system's recovery partition (only 2GB free, however). Other advice I found was to create a scratch partition using Windows 7 partitioning. Maybe a USB key would work? Surely not very fast...
  • PS 7 will fail on startup with the "scratch disk full" error and exit. To get PS 7 to allow you to specify it, hold down CTRL and ALT when the program is launching. You'll be given a chance to indicate the partitions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 27, 2012 Mar 27, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Consider it done, Fuhrmanator. Would you mind copying your bulleted suggestions into a new post in the moved thread? That way you'll be contacted with any follow-up questions.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 06, 2012 Apr 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 06, 2012 Apr 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got it, thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 28, 2012 Apr 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 28, 2012 Apr 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Done.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 09, 2012 Dec 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently started having this exact problem after upgrading to Photoshop 13:

http://forums.adobe.com/message/2804363

But it isn't solved by the suggestions there for me. I know it's an old topic, but I'd like to get that discussion going again to see if anyone else is still having this problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 10, 2012 Dec 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I'm making sure it will be done.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 10, 2016 Dec 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 07, 2018 Feb 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines