Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Is there a path to transfer a Creative Cloud license to a Creative Cloud Team Ready license?

Apr 26, 2012 6:29 AM

Tags: #adobe #creative #licensing #transfer #cs6 #cloud #ready #team

Our team wants to be on Creative Cloud as soon as it is officially released (hopefully for $29.99 per user). When Creative Cloud Team Ready is released, we would like the option to convert to Team Ready without a penalty. Will that be an option?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 29, 2012 2:13 AM   in reply to drewmalone

We were planing on doing this too, but it just seems too much hassle, you have to have a unique adobe ID and email address for each user with individual subscriptions, and you'd have to manage the payment for each individually too, I think adobe is going to lose a huge number of potential creative cloud customers because like you and us we want to get on CS6 straight away but creative cloud teams aren't ready at launch, and they haven't worked out the details for it, like converting between perpetual and cloud options, without this information at launch date we just can't take the risk and will be forced to stick with pepetual.

Adobe!! even if creative teams isn't ready to launch with the rest of CS6 you really should have had these details ironed out

|
    Mark as:
    May 2, 2012 3:27 PM   in reply to kevinneal01

Hi Kevin & Drew,

Actually, the Creative Cloud Team Ready offer will be available on the same day as the Creative Cloud Team.

We ( I am an Adobe employee) have thought about how we can move creative cloud customers from the perpetual CS6 offering to the Creative Cloud Team when it becomes available later this year.

Are volume licenses for Creative Cloud available by membership?

Yes. Volume licensing is available through our Creative Cloud Team Ready offering. This offering through Adobe's Transactional Licensing Program (TLP) is based on a one-year term agreement. Customers who choose this option will automatically be transferred into Creative Cloud Team membership as soon as it becomes available later in 2012.

How do I purchase the Creative Cloud Team Ready offering

You can purchase this offering by contacting your local reseller, who will provide you with the amount of licenses you require and instructions on installation.

|
    Mark as:
    May 3, 2012 2:07 PM   in reply to drewmalone

Yeah same here, resellers in the UK say they have no info on Team or Team ready.. Drew have you thought about how you will manage individual subsriptions, each subscription needs a unique adobe ID and unique email address, we don't want to use employee's email addresses incase they leave and you can't transfer to a new person, we have thought about getting gmail addresses based on the name of our computers instead

|
    Mark as:
    May 3, 2012 3:49 PM   in reply to kevinneal01

Adobe resellers should work with you to find the best particular option in your particular circumstance.

This page gives some additional information about the option:

http://www.adobe.com/products/creativesuite/companies.html

Adobe Creative Cloud™ Team Ready is a Transactional Licensing Program (TLP) offering for small and medium businesses as well as teams within larger organizations. Businesses that purchase Creative Cloud Team Ready get immediate access to CS6 Master Collection plus access to additional tools and services, including Adobe Edge, Adobe Muse™, and Adobe Photoshop® Lightroom® (coming later in 2012), when they are available. This offer is available through Adobe's reseller partners only.

The Creative Cloud Team Ready offer will be available on May 7, 2012. The same date as Creative Cloud Membership. This will enable Adobe Volume Licensing customers to purchase a 1-year subscription to the CS6 Master Collection now, and then when the CCM Team offering if available, they can migrate easily from the CS6 Master Collection to the Creative Cloud Team.

|
    Mark as:
    May 9, 2012 7:43 AM   in reply to drewmalone

Where do you get Creative Cloud for $29.99 per month? My cheapest option is pre-ordering for €59,03 (for a 1-year subscription using only English language) !

|
    Mark as:
    May 9, 2012 1:14 PM   in reply to David__B

Interestingly in the UK, none of the 5 Authorised ResellersI tried did not know anything about this scheme and one even saying I was making it up!!

Not very inspiring, especially as they represent you to other businesses. I would appreciate your take on this, and clarify the matter.

Thanks

|
    Mark as:
    May 11, 2012 11:18 AM   in reply to drewmalone

This is very unfortunate, and the introductory video is misleading, as I watched it and got excited for the new product I believed from what I was seeing and hearing that this would indeed have team availability. Why wouldnt Adobe launch this for use in teams, this doesnt make any sense to launch this only for individuals, I would imagine most professionals self and publically employed touch a team at some point in thier workflow. Has nothing been taken from googles example, docs 'etal?

This is befuddling, I talked to an adobe agent and asked if I should wait to buy the individual offereing because of any confusion or not being able to merge into  a team offering and they said, yes you should probably wait because we don't know how they will work together if at all, because CCTeam is going to be a completely separate offering.... Really, you guys really dont know how its going to or not going to work together for someting slated to launch later this year? wouldnt the obvious be to include in the development a way for it work, perhaps bringing individual accounts under an umbrella company account, which would be great because then individual users could move from company to company seemlessly, there should also be a way for separate companies to connect to each other via the cloud system for team projects and then disconnect after the job is done. Versioning and cloud amoung groups of individuals and groups of companies is almost a must nowadays. <hoping for the best>

Here is the copy from my transcript of talking to an adobe agent, he says there is no reseller Option, David_b?

My name is Robert H, how can I help you today? 

Robert H: Hello, how may I assist you?

David Blanchet: I wanted to ask a couple questions about cs6 team

Robert H: Okay

David Blanchet: I am self employed with a business partner, how can we both use cs6 creative cloud

David Blanchet: meaning basically is there a solution where both of us can access the cloud hosting of images and collateral

Robert H: Creative Cloud is designed for individual use at this time.  We will be adding a team edition in the short future.

David Blanchet: I tryied calling the cctr company in the us CDW and they had no ide what i was talking about

Robert H: Creative Cloud is not sold through resellers and is only sold through adobe.com

David Blanchet: if I purchase and individual license now, well if we both do, can we merge them into the company offering later this year, or have you all not gotten to that aspect yet?

Robert H: No they will be different platforms.

David Blanchet: http://forums.adobe.com/message/4389436#4389436 this adobe forum post lead me to the Adobe Creative Cloud? Team Ready and a page which gave me more info on how to find a reseller??

David Blanchet: ok so should I wait on purchasing the individual product? I;d hate to purchase and indivdual product then when the team offering comes out, not be able to get out of the personal one

Robert H: I would wait since the details have not been released yet.

David Blanchet: ok, fyi this is where i found the reseller info : http://www.adobe.com/products/creativesuite/companies.edu.html

David Blanchet: well thats all I have, thank you

Robert H: Thanks,

Robert H: Have a nice day

David Blanchet: you too

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers