Skip navigation
digitalsophie
Currently Being Moderated

Do I need to make folios when using "export to kindle" plugin?

Apr 29, 2012 3:58 AM

Tags: #app #publishing #adobe #kindle #cs5.5 #export #ipad #folio #links #plugin #document #layout #builder #interactive #download #magazine #epub #structure #amazon

I am making an interactive magazine (links and pictures are clickable) that is composed mostly of pictures. I've gone through lots of tutorials on how to make folios and preview them on your ipad which works great. I would now like to upload it to Amazon to be bought as an e-book and have downloaded the "export to kindle plugin", which shows you can export a document. Can I export a whole folio or do I have to make my magazine be in one single document and then export it?

If anyone has an alternative way I can upload my folio to Amazon ebooks, that would be great.

Also I have one more question: the folder structure for folios shows I have to have a "links" folder in ever folder within the folio, what is supposed to go in here? (please be specific, I'm a newbie)

Thankss

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 29, 2012 5:26 AM   in reply to digitalsophie

Going to Kindle is a totally different process than DPS and it’s based on EPUB.

And no, for DPS you don’t have to have the particular links in the individual links folders. But it is best practice to keep things organized.

Bob

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 29, 2012 10:10 AM   in reply to digitalsophie

You are in the wrong forum. Go the InDesign forum or better yet, the mobileread forums at http://www.mobileread.com/forums/

This forum is for Digital Publishing Suite only.

Bob

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points