Skip navigation

Whats new in Adobe CS6 Production Premium? Im glad you asked!

Apr 11, 2012 9:39 PM

Latest reply: Todd_Kopriva, May 6, 2012 6:40 PM
Replies 1 2 3 4 Previous Next
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 29, 2012 4:14 PM   in reply to Powered by Design

Yes, Glenn. There will be an official statement about that soon.

BTW, this is not the right forum for Creative Cloud questions. We on this forum know the video software. The details of pricing and subscription plans are not our realm.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 29, 2012 4:17 PM   in reply to Todd_Kopriva

Thanks Todd.

Keep up the great work.

CS6 looks great.

GLenn

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 29, 2012 4:33 PM   in reply to cjacs987654

Im just concerned I might end up with nothing if financial circumstances change,

That's why I am upgrading to CS5.5/6, even though I may then elect the cloud. If I drop the cloud at some point, I have my CS6 perpetual license as my base. And why I am watching with interest the bottom line on compatiblity of future versions. It didn't used to be an issue. I always had the newest version I was working in.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 29, 2012 8:56 PM   in reply to Stan Jones

One approach that I've seen recommended is for a shop that needs multiple license to have one perpetual license and then as many licenses using the Creative Cloud Membership as necessary to expand for projects, etc.

The good thing about this new option is just that: it's another option. It will help to solve some folks' needs, but other folks can keep using the perpetual license system if they feel that it better suits them.

|
    Mark as:
    May 6, 2012 5:13 AM   in reply to lasvideo

i've read the new fature list and it talks about the new zoom and navigation bar in the source monitor...
    my question is: will there be a (customizable) keyboard shortcut for zooming (time, not picture) in and out within the source time like in the timeline?
    /Would be a great help with audio source clips, i hate using mmy mouse ;-)

Also i've seen the BEAUTIFUL new Audio Meter and i love it, finally bigger and also horizontal! whoever brought this one in from Audition, tell them to come to Vienna,

the next round's on me!

|
    Mark as:
    May 6, 2012 8:43 AM   in reply to Felix Lewis

"will there be a (customizable) keyboard shortcut for zooming (time, not picture) in and out within the source time like in the timeline?"

Yep, +/- keys will zoom in/out the range of the nav bar in the source window when it has focus.

Cheers

|
    Mark as:
    May 6, 2012 10:02 AM   in reply to Todd_Kopriva

Todd,

That makes perfect sense, and is one of the first really good reasons to explore the Creative Cloud option. Having been a "one-man shop" for so very long, it was not something that came immediately to my mind.

Thanks for that,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    May 6, 2012 10:02 AM   in reply to Wil Renczes

Yay! That calls for another round.

Thank You!

|
    Mark as:
    May 6, 2012 10:08 AM   in reply to Felix Lewis

Felix,

I'm in Vienna at least once per year, so I'll take that round on behalf of my colleagues who worked on the audio improvements in Premiere Pro CS6. ;-)

I actually recorded these movies about the audio improvements only ~200km from Vienna:

http://www.video2brain.com/en/lessons/changes-in-audio-tracks-and-merg ed-clip-audio

http://www.video2brain.com/en/lessons/changes-to-the-audio-mixer-and-a udio-meters-panels

|
    Mark as:
    May 6, 2012 3:43 PM   in reply to Todd_Kopriva

(the forums look odd tonight)

Todd, please do contact me, the next time you're around, i'd be happy to drink a round or two on behalf of your colleagues and with you!

And i hoped, i could actually stand a round in person! So Do give me the opportunity.

-great new audio features, wonderful workspace (for us guys with the fancy colorful keyboards ;-) )

i already ordered.

but:

(i never thought i could ever remotely quote renée zellweger):
    "you already had me at global performance cache "

---

and keep smiling

|
    Mark as:
    May 6, 2012 6:40 PM   in reply to Felix Lewis

> (the forums look odd tonight)

Yes. There is a "re-skin" occurring. Please give feedback about that here:

http://forums.adobe.com/community/general/forum_comments

We need for people to be vocal and candid with how they feel about these changes. It's the only way that the folks in charge of the forums can know what needs to be fixed.

|
    Mark as:
1 2 3 4 Previous Next
Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points