Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

bug - refine edge

Apr 26, 2012 8:38 PM

Tags: #macbook #osx_lion #bug_report #photoshop_cs6_beta

Hi. Refiine edge is on and off unresponsive in reflecting changes I make in values in the dialog box. Mostly this is with smooth and feather functions. Also some of the views are only availible if I cycle through them with the "f" cycle comand and are unavalible by clicking.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 26, 2012 9:20 PM   in reply to uhanepono

I suppose the first thing we need to check is your video card and driver.

see this link for video cards that have veen tested: What features use the GPU and how do I troubleshoot GPU issues?

Then, go to the vendor of your card and ensure you have the latest driver.

Next, open Photoshop and go to help>system info and cut and paste your system info here  and we'll take a look.

Let us know how it goes with the driver. If that is all well, we'll need to have a list of what you were doing when it became unresponsive...like the sequence of events if it is reproducable.

Pattie

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 27, 2012 12:06 PM   in reply to uhanepono

Which options were greyed out?...a likely clue...

Pattie

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 27, 2012 12:53 PM   in reply to uhanepono

Still not seeing the screenshot.

You can post them in the forums here using the little camera icon "insert image" -- sometimes a different browser might give better functionality with this if you're having trouble with it.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 27, 2012 2:02 PM   in reply to uhanepono

Just adding  list of Uhanepono's issues that are likely caused by the same culprit with video or other for our reference:

bug - program unresponsive

bug - refine edge

bug - dialog boxes extremely dark

opt/click buggy with layer mask

buggy external monitor

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 27, 2012 2:07 PM   in reply to uhanepono

I did not see that you tried the GPU troubleshooting guide yet, please also try this and check all the above issue to see if it resolves any of them:

Pattie

1. Reset preferences.
      • Resetting preferences returns OpenGL settings to their default status. Reset Photoshop preferences by pressing and holding Shift+Ctrl+Alt (Windows) or Shift+Option+Command (Mac OS) immediately after you start Photoshop.
      • Click Yes when asked if you want to delete the Adobe Photoshop Settings File.
      • Retry the function that caused the problem.
    2. Change the OpenGL mode to Basic.
      • Setting the OpenGL mode to Basic uses the least amount of GPU memory and the most basic GPU feature set.
      • Close all documents.
      • Choose Edit > Preferences (Windows) or Photoshop > Preferences (Mac OS)
      • In the Performance panel, click the GPU Settings Advanced Settings button.
      • Choose Mode > Basic
      • Restart Photoshop.
        If this solution resolves the problem, switch to Normal mode. See if the issue recurs. If the issue recurs, return to Basic mode.

• Note:  If you’re changing GPU preferences to troubleshoot a problem, re-launch Photoshop after each change.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 27, 2012 10:11 PM   in reply to uhanepono

Thank you for the screen shot. You must be on the forum to post those as you have seen.  So you now see the place to change your setting. One thing I asked you to try above was to change this advanced setting to basic, close Photoshop, and see if any of the problems go away.IF they do go away, then try setting it to  normal and exit and restart Photoshop and see if problems stay away.IF so, use this setting, if not, use basic setting. If neither help, please let me know.

I also asked you to try resetting your preferenes. To do this, press and hold Ctrl+Alt+Shift (Windows) or Option+Command+

Shift (Mac OS) immediately after you start Photoshop. See if this helps your issues.  After any of these Photoshop changes, please exit and and restart Photoshop before testing.

Let me know what happens, whether any of your issues listed in the earlier post get better.

Thanks,

Pattie

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 29, 2012 6:05 PM   in reply to uhanepono

Is there any chance you have a monitor calibrator hooked up?  Maybe one that changes the display profile with changes in ambient light?

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points