Skip navigation
DerekWRBC
Currently Being Moderated

How to apply menu

Apr 29, 2012 9:23 PM

I am trying to attach a menu to my completed video so when I burn to a DVD it begins with the menu, not playing until you click Play. Following the instructions I have placed an image on the menu and added a title but when I click "Apply" nothing happens. Any clue as to what I might be doing wrong?

Thx.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 30, 2012 5:00 AM   in reply to DerekWRBC

It's not clear exactly what you're doing, Derek. You say you've added a title and image as a menu -- but then you say you can't get Apply to work? Saying you were "following the instructions" doesn't tell us much, since we don't know which instructions you've followed and what exact steps you've taken.

Have you gone to the Disc Menu tab, selected a menu template and clicked Apply?

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 30, 2012 1:08 PM   in reply to DerekWRBC

I hope the book explains it all too, Derek! Thanks for ordering a copy!

Meantime, it sounds as though you have successfully applied a DVD template in the Disc Layout workspace -- you just can't replace the background.

One thing to note is that some templates have graphics on a layer over the background, so that your replacement background is hidden behind these graphics.

Have you tried more than one DVD template?

|
    Mark as:
    May 1, 2012 4:52 AM   in reply to DerekWRBC

Please try a couple of different menu templates -- otherwise we cant' troubleshoot your problem.

We need to find out if this problem is unique to the template you're using.

A screen capture of your Disc Layout page (with the background of  your template selected) would also be very helpful.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points