Skip navigation
1010jim
Currently Being Moderated

Installing PS5 on a portable disk drive

Apr 29, 2012 8:45 AM

Currently have PS 5 installed on my laptop.  There are times when I'm away from my laptop but still would like to have access to my PS.  My thought was to have PS installed/run from a portable disk drive (Western Digital 500 GB for example) that I could use when I'm not at my laptop. I still want to maintain PS on my laptop hard drive.  Example - out of town and want to use PS.  Have access to a laptop (not mine) and want to run PS from my western digital drive.  Understand that I could probably install PS on the portable drive but what would that do to the registry entire's to the installed PS on my laptop - still want/need to preserve them.  Is it as simple as copy the PS directory from the C drive to the portable drive?  Any issues with that?

Thanks

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 29, 2012 9:00 AM   in reply to 1010jim

It is not possible, even though you can install PS on any drive, it still writes many files to the C drive.  These are files used by other programs to talk to each other as well as some security files to moinitor where PS is..

Believe what you want is the new Cloud version of PS where you can access it from any computer.  You do not "own" as copy, just rent it.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 29, 2012 11:04 PM   in reply to 1010jim

What Curt said. For technical reasons it's not possible.

Mylenium

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points