Skip navigation
anogr
Currently Being Moderated

No sound in HDV clip

Apr 29, 2012 11:15 PM

Tags: #premiere_elements_9

I'm using Premiere Elements 9. I have successfully captured, edited, and exported one HDV tape to a mpeg-4 video.

Now, I'm working with a second HDV tape. The capture is fine with sound and all. VLC, for example will play the captured video file fine, but Premiere Elements won't play the sound for the last 10 minutes. I have tried exporting the video after editing but no sound there either.

I haven't made any changes to the sound settings so I have no idea what's happening and what I can do about it. Help would be much appreciated.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 30, 2012 4:55 AM   in reply to anogr

When you say HDV, can you confirm that this is video from a hi-definition tape-based camcorder and that you are using Premiere Elements to capture this video over a FireWire connection?

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 30, 2012 6:56 AM   in reply to anogr

Lost the sound for the last 10 minutes? That's very different.

Try clearing the video from your project (right-click and select Clear -- it won't be deleted from your hard drive).

Then re-import the video to your project. This time make sure to let it completely conform before you start editing. (You can see the progress in the lower right of the interface.)

|
    Mark as:
    May 3, 2012 11:01 AM   in reply to anogr

Any 4gig limit is imposed by the hard drive format... FAT32 has such a limit, NTFS has no limit

If you are on Windows, you may convert a FAT32 drive to NTFS by searching at http://search.microsoft.com/search.aspx?mkt=en-US&setlang=en-US

Search for...

convert FAT32 NTFS

and read the article(s)

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points