Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Camera Raw

Apr 15, 2012 8:41 AM

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 15, 2012 8:41 AM   in reply to Community Help

I have a Mac and PS 5 (12.04x32) and just got a Leika V-Lux 3. Can't open the RAW files "file appears to be from a camera model which is not supported by the installed version of Camera Raw".  Have chacked the list of supported cameras and the Leika is there. Jpg files open OK.  What to do?

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 15, 2012 8:49 AM   in reply to brikas

It says it is supported by ACR 6.6 and above.

What version are you using?

To check open Photoshop and click on Help/About Plug In/Camera Raw.

The version is listed, and there must be only one version listed.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 15, 2012 10:33 AM   in reply to Curt Y

I have version 6.0.0 so that must be the problem. Just before I asked I updated PS5 to be sure that was not the problem. Do the plug ins have to be updated separately?

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 15, 2012 10:53 AM   in reply to brikas

Using "Help > Updates" should update both Photoshop and Camera Raw. You'll need to shut them down for the update to work. If CR is still 6.0 then there is a problem with the update, and you might want to try the Adobe website Downloads instead.

You should always use the latest version of Camera Raw available for your version of Photoshop. In the case of CS5, this is Camera Raw 6.6 (or 6.7RC, available from the Adobe Labs website, which is even better).

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 15, 2012 12:32 PM   in reply to Yammer

Thank you. Now I can opem the rAW files from the Leika but only from Photoshop. Something weird has happened to Bridge. When I click a RAW file in Bridge insted of opening in Photoshop it opens the program photomatrix pro (which I have in my program folder) and converts the file into a pseudo HDR. Older RAW files from My Canon Eos Mark II open in a program Digital Photo Professional that I have never used before.  This happend after the current update, before this a click on the file in Bride always opened the file in Photoshop for the RAW editing. Have tried to look at preferences but can find no solution to this new problem.

|
    Mark as:
  • Omke Oudeman
    4,001 posts
    Nov 27, 2004
    Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 15, 2012 1:19 PM   in reply to brikas

Something weird has happened to Bridge. When I click a RAW file in Bridge insted of opening in Photoshop it opens the program photomatrix pro

You have set the file type associations to open this raw files to other applications.

If you suspect Bridge for this then also reset the preferences for Bridge (hold down option key while restarting Bridge).

You have two ways to set the file type associations.

Either go in Bridge preferences File Type Associations and check if the file types are set to open in your latest version of PS.

Or in Finder choose a raw file and with cmd + i (get info) see what is the default application set to open. Chose the correct one and also select apply to all.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 15, 2012 1:49 PM   in reply to Omke Oudeman

Thank you very much. Used the Finder variety and it worked perfectly. Now I can go back to "normal" work again.

So pleased that I could get all this information so quicly.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 30, 2012 4:30 AM   in reply to Community Help

I've just been sent a bunch of CR2 files for retouching but can't open them... I'm running CS3. Any suggestions?

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 30, 2012 4:45 AM   in reply to Ellie Jackson

Ellie Jackson wrote:

I've just been sent a bunch of CR2 files for retouching but can't open them... I'm running CS3. Any suggestions?

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/311515?tstart=0

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points