Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Is there a 30 Day Trial Download for Muse?

Apr 27, 2012 6:00 PM

I hope Muse gets added to The CS 6.0 Master Collection but a for now is there a place to download a trial version? I cannot find it if there is. A URL link would be helpful. Thanks :  )

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 27, 2012 9:41 PM   in reply to medeamajic

Muse is still in public Beta testing, So there isnt a trial, but you can download the Beta. Just type in Muse on the main Adobe page and it should direct you to everything you need to know. As far as being added to the Master Collection, I wouldnt count on it. They are including it in Creative Cloud, but it looks like it is going to be subscription only whether it is stand alone or with CC.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 30, 2012 6:04 AM   in reply to medeamajic

medeamajic wrote:

...Other wise the web designers are taking a step backwards in my opinion....

That is an interesting expression that has been used before, but in a totally different regard:

http://elliotjaystocks.com/blog/adobe-muse-a-step-in-the-wrong-directi on/

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 30, 2012 11:05 AM   in reply to medeamajic

Muse and Dreamweaver are two very different products for two very different markets. One will not replace the other. Regardless of its beta status, HTML generators like Muse have been around for years. We've already had over a decade for other much more mature HTML generators to try to take hold in the web design market. 

This may further explain the web design market and why Muse is not positioned to replace anything:

http://www.netmagazine.com/features/developers-respond-adobe-muse

InDesign's competitor already has web export and InDesign is moving toward HTML5/CSS3 because of epublishing. InDesign is just not moving fast enough and Adobe cannot charge people twice by only selling one program.

|
    Mark as:
    May 1, 2012 5:31 AM   in reply to medeamajic

medeamajic wrote:

...but in another year who knows?...

I'm getting the impression that you are unaware of what Dreamweaver is and what market uses it.

|
    Mark as:
    May 26, 2012 9:11 PM   in reply to medeamajic

As Marion stated Dreamweaver is a diferent market. dreamweaver is a very powerful tool and is much more than the easy visual create an image and the code will be created for you. As a developer I can see where muse can help speed up some design but for the more complex stuff I like to be able to have the code along with server side access while being able to see the design and all attached files. if anything muse should be a tool in dreamweaver..... now that would be cool and helpful to me as a web designer/developer. dump edge into dreamweaver as well and dreamweaver would be an amazing program.

|
    Mark as:
    May 27, 2012 4:16 AM   in reply to MultimediaCreator

Don't hold your breath waiting for such a useful tool.

Adobe already tried a tool like Muse+Edge+Dreamweaver. It was called GoLive. But they had to kill GoLive because it was too much like Dreamweaver (but with not enough sales). Adobe took the distinct elements out of GoLive and now markets them as Edge and Muse.

http://images.devshed.com/da/stories/Adobe%20GoLive%20CS/mini-09fig48.jpg

Adobe would rather sell multiple products than to make anything truly useful.

Adobe has never understood the web design market. That is why they bought GoLive. That is why they bought Macromedia. That is why they bought Business Catalyst, TypeKit, etc... Adobe has to wait for others to guide them.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points