Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Is there any way to see easily the structure of a page?

Apr 30, 2012 11:04 AM

Tags: #muse #adobe_muse

Is there any way to see the structure of a page other than exporting it to HTML?

It would be very nice to have some sort of graph view of the current page in Design mode which showed the objects on the page and their containment relationships.

It would also be nice to have the view available simultaneously with the page and be able to simultaneously select objects using either view as well as editing the structure of the page - something similar to Chrome's developer Element view, but with drag and drop editing.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated

If I'm getting your question correctly, you would like to have the Code view in Muse besides being able to edit a page in Design mode (something similar to what Dreamweaver does).

However, currently this feature is not supported. The purpose of Adobe Muse software is to create websites without writing code and having advanced features like this from Dreamweaver defeats Muse's sole purpose.

But I would suggest having this feature request posted over at our Ideas section.

http://forums.adobe.com/community/muse/ideas

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated

I doubt that Muse could show this structure easily. The layout that we observe in design view is not really structured as it will be when exported as HTML. Muse appears to determine where to create divs only at HTML export. A slight tweak in design view can drastically change the way that divs are created between different HTML exports. It seems that the only way to control this automatic div generation is to use grouping of objects while in design view.

It might be neat to see Muse offer this type of view to understand how the page is structured...

tilt_for_firefox.jpg

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points