• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Player installs fine, but does not work in firefox

New Here ,
Jan 27, 2012 Jan 27, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe flash player does not seem to work on my firefox. I try to watch anything that uses flash and it suggests i install it. I have re-installed flash and shockwave flash aswell as firefox about 5 times now. nothing is working. It seems to work fine on Google chrome, but i want to keep using firefox.

Internet searching has failed me and i cannot find any topics with solutions.

I hope someone on here can help or atleast point me in the right direction.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User
Apr 30, 2012 Apr 30, 2012

i had the same problem that you had for a long time until i found this forum Vincent. Bit by bit I have collected some clues and I hope its not too late to share my research with you. Heres how I fixed thanks to Carl E. Myers that gave me the answers to identify the problem.

The way I discovered the problem is when I saw the control panel/flashplayer that Carl E mentioned, the  Flash ActiveX and the plugin were not installed as 32bit in which I will explain later. Based on what you post, it is mo

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jan 27, 2012 Jan 27, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To assist us in quickly understanding your problem, please follow these guidelines when posting:

• Specify your operating system (including 32bit or 64bit edition)
  • Specify your web browser and version (including 32bit or 64bit edition)
  • Specify your Flash Player version
  • Give us a brief explanation of the problem, please include any information you feel is important

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 28, 2012 Jan 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 7 Home premium (64bit)

Intel(R) Core(TM) i5 CPU     750  @ 2.67GHz

6.00 GB RAM

Firefox 9.0.1 (64bit)

Flash player 11.1.102.55 (Plugin version)

and my problem is basically wherever a video or flash player using game would be, a blank space is there instead. i have re-installed flash player and firefox many times to no change. This problem only seems to occur on firefox not google chrome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Vincent1342

Is Firefox open during installation?

What files are in folder C:\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash?

What does this site report on Flash Player: http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/plugincheck/

Is the Flash Player plug-in enabled in manage add-ons?  http://kb.mozillazine.org/Flash_plugin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 29, 2012 Jan 29, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried closing Firefox before installation and during, both have the same outcome.

I cannot find that folder atall, infact i cannot find "SysWOW64" anywhere.(i'm assuming that is bad)

The plugin check says that shockwave flash is up to date if that counts as flash player? flash player plugin not there though or in my extensions. (i have installed both flash player and shockwave flash)

I have found a folder called Macromed. although it was not in the directory you suggested (which may be bad). It contains "FlashInstall"(text document),  "FlashUtil64_11_1_102_Plugin"(Application) and "NPSWF64_11_1_102.dll"(Application extension)

And yes shockwave flash plugin is enabled.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Vincent1342

My bad, what files are in folder C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash?

Check the status of Flash Player: http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/155/tn_15507.html

Have you tried turning off hardware acceleration? How do I disable or enable hardware acceleration?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the content of that folder is

"FlashInstall"(text document)

"flashplayer.xpt" (XPT File)

"FlashUtil11e_Plugin"(Application)

"install"(text document)

"NPSWF32.dll" (Application extension)

"FlashPlayerTrust"(folder) containing "AdobeXMPFileInfoCS5" (CFG File)

On the status checker i cannot see the video, so it isnt working, but i do not get an error message.

And with the hardware acceleration on step 2 i cannot see the table with my version and therefore cannot access the settings to change the hardware acceleration.

how very frustrating

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it is up to date.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having similar difficulties with Adobe Flash Player.

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium

System Type x64-based PC

Firefox 9.0.1 (32-bit)

Windows Internet Explorer Version 9.0.8112.16421 (IE9 came preinstalled computer when purchased, have IE9 32-bit and IE9 64-bit)

Adobe Flash Player 11.1.102.55

Flash Player has identical problem in BOTH Firefox and Internet Explorer.

All video applications work properly EXCEPT Adobe Flash Player.

When visiting sites that have embedded flash video, a black box shows in the space where the video should be and a video never appears.

Right-clicking mouse within black box brings up dialog box for Flash Player Settings.

Have uninstalled Adobe Flash Player and then restarted system.

Installed Adobe Flash Player and then restarted system.

Adobe Flash Player is installed and working correctly (according to Adobe's "Check if your player is installed correctly" page).

When checking "Programs and Features" from Windows 7 "Control Panel", only the 64-bit version of Adobe Flash Player shows as installed when Adobe Flash Player Install specifically states 32-bit AND 64-bit versions will be installed.

Additional Information

Web Browser is closed immediately after successful download of Flash Player PRIOR to installation.

Flash Player Trust Folder (Contains:  Adobe Illustrator CS5 FXG.cfg, AdobeFireworksCS5.cfg, AdobeXMPFileInfoCS5.cfg)

Flash11e.ocx (Active X Control)

FlashAuthor.cfg (CFG File)

FlashInstall (Text Document)

flashplayer.xpt (XPT File)

FlashUtil11e_ActiceX.dll (Application extension)

FlashUtil11e_ActiveX (Application)

FlashUtil11e_Plugin (Application)

NPSWF32.dll (Application extension)

Shockwave Flash   11.1.102.55  Up-to-Date

11.1 r102

Add-Ons Manager:  Shockwave Flash 11.1.102.55 is ENABLED

Message was edited by: C.Turnipseed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

C.Turnipseed wrote:

When visiting sites that have embedded flash video, a black box shows in the space where the video should be and a video never appears.

Have you tried disabling Hardware Acceleration?  (See http://forums.adobe.com/thread/891337)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ʇɐb ɹəuəllıʍ

Have you tried disabling Hardware Acceleration?  (See http://forums.adobe.com/thread/891337)

Yes, I have.  It was running with it enabled, I unchecked the box.  Shut down browser.  Took down system.  Restarted system and browser.  No change.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

C.Turnipseed wrote:

When checking "Programs and Features" from Windows 7 "Control Panel", only the 64-bit version of Adobe Flash Player shows as installed when Adobe Flash Player Install specifically states 32-bit AND 64-bit versions will be installed.

The 64-bit installer installs both 32-bit and 64-bit Flash Player; you should find the 32-bit Player in C:\Windows\syswow64\Macromed\Flash

As for your still remaining problem; can you try to update your graphics card driver (see http://forums.adobe.com/thread/945765)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ʇɐb ɹəuəllıʍ wrote:

As for your still remaining problem; can you try to update your graphics card driver (see http://forums.adobe.com/thread/945765)?

System taken down and restarted after install.  Graphics card driver updated with no result.  Problem persists in Firefox and Internet Explorer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 30, 2012 Jan 30, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ʇɐb ɹəuəllıʍ

The problem with Adobe Flash Player (in Firefox and Internet Explorer) remains unresolved.  Is there further assistance which can be offered?

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 30, 2012 Jan 30, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's sometimes difficult to assist multiple users with different problems in the same topics.  I've tried to branch your posts into a new topic, but that's exeedingly difficult...

Back to the basics: can you see the Flash animation in http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/ and is your Flash Player version correctly displayed?

If yes, that means Flash Player is correctly installed and working.  You may need to install the latest version of Shockwave Player as well; at least it's worth a try.  Download and run the full installer from http://www.adobe.com/shockwave/download/alternates/#sp

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 02, 2012 Feb 02, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ʇɐb ɹəuəllıʍ

Thank you for your very timely and up-to-date knowledge and advice with the on-going problems I am experiencing with Adobe Flash Player. 

I have followed Adobe's protocols, and yours, for proper installation and have all the system go-aheads that Flash Player, and all sister applications from Adobe, are properly installed and functioning correctly.

The advice received, and followed, regarding the updating of drivers also failed to have an impact.

Through it all, though, I have learned a little more about Adobe products and those kind individuals that share their time and vast knowledge in assisting others less astute.

My grateful thanks for everything. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

though i am also grateful, i am doomed to never watch videos again?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Vincent,

Could you try making a new Firefox profile and see if that helps?

http://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/Basic%20Troubleshooting#w_8-make-a-new-profile

Thanks,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 03, 2012 Feb 03, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Horay,

Thank you so much, i did not even know you could do that, but it worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 11, 2012 Feb 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just attempted the same work-around, creating a New Profile in Firefox, and the problem still remains.

This question/problem remains UNANSWERED for me.

Thank you for all your efforts, though.  They are always greatly appreciated. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 12, 2012 Feb 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

unfortunatly the problem returned for me as soon as i updated my flash player.

So the problem remains for me too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FIXED IT!!!!!!!

Adobe Global Storage Settings Panel

http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager03.html

Ensure "Allow Third-Party Content to Store Data on Your Computer" is checked.

All this time and effort expended when a simple review of that panel FIRST and a single click of the mouse would have had things running smoothly.

The knowledge gained through the many exercises was valuable, though.

I hope this assists another that may encounter the same difficulty.

Thank you, all of you at Adobe, for every moment of your time, thought, and expertise!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

darn it. i cant see the setting panel because of my fash player not working. if i disable my plugin it suggests i download flash player. if i enable my plugin there is just a blank space where the panel should be.

Grr

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Click Start, type Control Panel, click Control Panel, type Flash Player, click Flash Player.

Click Advanced tab, click Delete All.

Click Storage, click Allow sites to save information on this computer.

Click Delete All, click Delete Data.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines