• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Upgrading from CS4 to CS5.5

New Here ,
Apr 30, 2012 Apr 30, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just upgraded to CS5.5 Design Premium. I thought this was an actual upgrade but I now have both CS4 and CS5.5 installed on my computer! Do I uninstall CS4?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its your wish , it would hardly make the difference I have CS4, CS5 and CS5.5 installed my machine and it works fine. However Adobe always recommend to uninstall the older veriosn before installing the newer veriosn.

Its on your usage and comfort level....You want to stick to CS4 and have CS5 along with it or you can left the old one behind and use new one,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! Actually I read that an upgrade was supposed to check for the previous version and I just thought it would upgrade that version not install the new version as well. I'll leave CS4 on my machine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes although you may need to reassociate the file associations after the application is removed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Cool,, when you install the upgrade then one of teh process is to check for teh earlier version , if incase it doesnt find it installed on teh computer then it ask for the previous serial number , when entered the installation goes thorugh fine.

That the upgarde procedure ....hence I said you can keep it or remove it, all you need the CS4 serail numebr to install the software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It depends on how you use your Creative Suite.  If you have sufficient disk space and/or need to be fully compatible with earlier versions, i.e. InDesign documents in Creative Suite 4, then I would recommend leaving it on your computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Jeff. One other question - can I uninstall some of the CS4 apps and leave others? I never used CS4 Flash for example.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines