Skip navigation
lgoss
Currently Being Moderated

Unable to Open Images in Bridge CS3 and Continuing Icon issues!

Apr 30, 2012 3:37 PM

Re: Icon issues in Bridge CS3 and also with Photo Downloader that have never been there before.     

So, these are the issues.   Just one of the folders that previously would show thumbnails now only shows DNG icons, and none will open in Photoshop to let me work on previous image.    Issue #2  - can't download images with Photo Downloaders - both my wife's Canon G9 only shows CR2 icons, and my Nikon D300 only shows NEF icons - neither of these issues had appeared before or been an issue.  Third issue.  None of my Bridge folders - even those with regular thumbnail immages- will open now - get a message that says words to the effect of Photoshop doesn't recognize this type of file.  Computer is a Mac, with OS 10.5.8

I recently tried to make more room on HD, so must have taken some critical files/commands out by accident. 

Thanks for your time and previous  suggestions - still not working.  I'm sure that in trying to correct things have made things even worse- as may be noticed  by the two snapshots I've attached.  The first is one from a library from my user section.  The second library image is from my hard drive.  Hopefully you and others aren't laughing or crying too much over what you see - redundantcy, etc!  All of my energies have focused on taking photos, obviously none to proper setup/use of organizing things on my Mac.  But after the laughing has stopped, any help will be tremendously appreciated - am most anxious to getting back to working with and saving images.

"user image"

Picture 2.png

Hard Drive image: Picture 3.png

Thanks in advance

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 30, 2012 9:07 PM   in reply to lgoss

First of all, if you don't know much about how applications work inside of the OS, its wise to not look in the application folder(s). Deleting anything here can make your apps go haywire. If this happened, then you are best to 1)unregister photoshop, 2) uninstall your entire suite. 3) reinstall the suite and finally 4) reregister photoshop.

All images/textures/photo's including dng, cr2 and nef files need to be stored in your pictures folder and no where else, unless you're an intermediate user on your OS. In your pictures folder you can create folders for organizing the pictures whether by location, season's, time, or file format.

Then when you back up you can just drag a copy of the files to another drive including cd's or dvd's.

This will make sure you don't accidently delete important app files.

All this said, my OS of choice is Windows, so if anything does not sound right, thats why.

Hopefully this helps...

|
    Mark as:
    May 1, 2012 6:27 PM   in reply to lgoss

Do you have at least 10-20% free space on you harddrive?

Have you reset you preferences, or at least trashed the cache? 

|
    Mark as:
    May 19, 2012 5:56 PM   in reply to Silkrooster

I am inserting a related problem.  I have CS3 installed on an iMac running OS  10.4.11

Bridge stopped working.  Everytime I launched it and tried to select a source for images, it froze.  Consequently, I uninstalled CS3 and then reinstalled it.  I didn't get an installation of Bridge...just CS3.

What do I have to do to get Bridge back?

Mary Lou

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points