• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Download Assistant Trouble

New Here ,
Apr 29, 2012 Apr 29, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im trying to download an Adobe product.  The problem is the program is installed through the Adobe Download Assistant.  Whenever I click on the .exe to download the assistant I hit "Run" and then nothing happens after that.  Any help would be appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 30, 2012 Apr 30, 2012

Interesting will you can also try to initiate a direct download by following the steps listed in http://forums.adobe.com/thread/981369.  Perhaps you have security software or a software firewall which is interferring with the Adobe Download Assistant.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Apr 29, 2012 Apr 29, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im trying to download an Adobe product.

And which one? Onto what computer using what browser? you need to be more specific. People cannotr help you without getting some proper information.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 30, 2012 Apr 30, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im trying to download Adobe Premiere Pro.  I have a MSI laptop running windows 7 and it is a 64 bit computer.  I use google chrome as a browser but can use almost any.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you receive an error message?  Are you able to open the Adobe Download Assistant?  Perhaps you should try a different browser and see if you have the same difficulty?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not receive any error messages and the Download Assistant does not open.  I just tried downloading it with FireFox and the same thing happens.  I finish downloading the AdobeDownloadAssistant.exe and I click on it.  Then the window appears and I hit run after that nothing happens.  But I looked under my processes on the task manager and it starts a new task called "Adobe AIR Application Installer.exe" since it wasnt working(left it for about 15-20 minutes) with no results I ended the process through the task manager.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sounds like you are having difficulties with Adobe AIR.  You will need to get this resolved to even install Premire Pro.  I would recommend reviewing Troubleshoot AIR installation | Windows - http://helpx.adobe.com/air/kb/troubleshoot-air-installation-windows.html.  Please feel free to respond to this thread if you have any questions about the steps listed within the document.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I looked through that troubleshooting guide and it said first thing I should do is try to uninstall and reinstall.  I figured out I did have Adobe AIR downloaded for the latest version.  So when I try to uninstall basically the same thing happens.  I click uninstall on the control panel nothing happens even after waiting so I go to hit uninstall again and it says I have to wait for the program to finish uninstalling.  So then like last time I went into my task manager and there again is a process running but not doing anything this time it was "Adobe AIR Installer".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting will you can also try to initiate a direct download by following the steps listed in http://forums.adobe.com/thread/981369.  Perhaps you have security software or a software firewall which is interferring with the Adobe Download Assistant.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 05, 2012 May 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry I wasn't able to test your latest suggestion until just now and using the direct download I was able to successfully download the trial at last.  Thank you for all the help Jeff!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 05, 2012 May 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Excellent Dwyaa still curious as to why you had difficulties with the Adobe Download Assistant.  Very happy to hear though that you got the trial installed successfully.  I believe you should be able to use the same instructions if you wish to try Creative Suite 6 when it is released.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 01, 2012 May 01, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Turn Off UAC, disable all security softwares and firewall and Perform selective startup::

Turn off User Account Control : http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/disable-user-account-control-uac.html

Restart Windows in a modified mode | Windows 7, Vista - http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/restart-windows-modified-mode-windows.html

Create local administrator account | Windows 7, Vista - http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/create-local-administrator-account-windows.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines