Skip navigation
HWheeler2012
Currently Being Moderated

Two Things - Links and Text

Apr 30, 2012 3:49 PM

Tags: #design #menu #hyperlink #formatting #muse #adobe_muse
So there are two things that drive me crazy when using Muse, both of which are a huge inconvenience to the site builder and the customer:

1 - All text is automatically turned into image when lived.
2 - You can't link text directly in a paragraph. You have to leave an empty space and then try to line up an individual menu link with the text.

I really hope the newer versions of MUSE fix this. Or is there a way to avoid these problems that I'm not aware of?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 30, 2012 5:07 PM   in reply to HWheeler2012

Hello HWheeler,

I posted this information on your idea as well, but I will address it here so others can see it.

1. Likely if the text is being turned into an image, you are using a non-websafe font. Muse does this to ensure that all users will see it the same, regardless of whether or not the user has that font installed. Using web-safe fonts (on the web-safe font list) allow you to export the item as text, which can be selected, copy/pasted, etc.
    2. Likely, this issue stems from the first. Using a websafe font, you can select the text you want to turn into a link, and then in the control strip (just above the page) use the Hyperlink box to link the text to an URL or page you'd like.

Regards,

|
    Mark as:
    May 1, 2012 1:11 AM   in reply to HWheeler2012

Google "Web Safe Fonts"

|
    Mark as:
    May 1, 2012 9:04 AM   in reply to HWheeler2012

Web safe fonts are those fonts that are listed in the drop down for text selection.

FontListScreen.jpg

You'll notice at the bottom of that list is a menu of System Fonts. The fonts listed there will be exported as an image. All of the fonts you see listed above, however, will be exported in plain text as long as it has not been rotated.

|
    Mark as:
    May 8, 2012 4:26 PM   in reply to morgan_in_london

@

morgan_in_london,,

Hi, do you install these fonts on your machine so that Muse recognizes them for use in the layout or are you using custom html?

Or something else? Please enlighten... Thanks.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points