Skip navigation
lastrastuff
Currently Being Moderated

Title Editor Crashing upon opening

Apr 29, 2012 7:32 PM

For some reason, whenever I go to open a title editor in CS5, I get the blue spinning wheel and then when I click anywhere it crashes. The entire program just shuts down. This is adding endless frustration to creating my project. Any help? Please?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 29, 2012 7:51 PM   in reply to lastrastuff

Welcome to the forum.

It's possibly a bad or corrupted font on your system.  Have you downloaded and/or installed any new fonts recently?  Have you had trouble in any other applications with fonts?

If you can't pinpoit a possibly troublesome font right away, then finding which one(s), if any, are causing problems can be difficult if you don't have font-managing software.  I use FontFrenzy.  It's free and surprisingly functional.

Jeff

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 29, 2012 8:16 PM   in reply to lastrastuff

Don't do that!

Use the FrenzySnap button to take a snapshot of your existing font installation. Save the snapshot.  Then go to FrenzyMan and delete half of your installed fonts.  Open Pr and try the title tool again.  If it still crashes, restore your font snapshot and then delete the other half of your installed fonts.  Close and launch Pr and try the title tool again.  If it still crashes, then it's likely that something else besides a bad font is causing the crash.

But if you delete one half or the other of your fonts and title tool in Pr stops crashing, then you know you have a bad font that Pr doesn't like in the half you deleted.  Restore all your fonts from the snapshot, then split the bad half in half again and repeat until you narrow it down to one or more fonts that are making Pr unhappy.

Jeff

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 30, 2012 2:41 PM   in reply to lastrastuff

Try deleting the font from Control Panel.

Jeff

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 30, 2012 6:06 PM   in reply to lastrastuff

Try a new project.  See if you can create titles without crashing.  If that works, then try importing the old project and see if you can salvage any of the titles from the old project.

Jeff

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points