Skip navigation
Alex DeJesus 487 posts
Jul 25, 2008
Currently Being Moderated

Text animation question

Apr 26, 2012 6:55 PM

I have just a little experience in AE. Working on a video. I want a sequence of text bullets to animate onto a portion of the screen to follow a narration.

Rather than create a separate text layer for each bullet, I want to import a bulleted doc into a single long title and then keyframe the bullets to match the video.

I'd like the bullets to appear in a semi-transparent box and have the box animate in and out with the words. Would appreciate a quick tip or a link to a tutorial.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 27, 2012 7:16 AM   in reply to Alex DeJesus

Add a Text Animator e.g. for Opacity, set its Range Selector Mode --> Advanced --> Line and the Units --> Index. All you need. Then simply animate the Start/ End/ Offset of the Range Selector to make each new line appear. while the others will automatically disappear. Add a position Aniamtor to compensate the lines and shift them so they appear in the same place.

Mylenium

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 27, 2012 8:54 AM   in reply to Alex DeJesus

percoplus wrote:

AE is taking a long time to render the titles

Please clarify what you mean by that.  Not instantaneous?  Not real time?  Hours?  Minutes? 

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 27, 2012 10:39 AM   in reply to Alex DeJesus

There's always multiple ways to skin a cat. You really need to read up on text animators. Whether you use separate animators for each property or put them all in one animator is very much a matter of taste or what kind of look you need and how you want the overlapping modes for Add/Subtract/Intersect to function based on how you stack the animators to give the desired result. Or in your case, you simply only apply an opacity animator to type on your text, then animate the layer position with 2 keyframes that moves it exactly 1 line, then use a loopOut("offset") expression to repeat it infinitely... So many ways. As for your technical issues, you might wanan consider reinstalling your operating system. This could be outdated configuration data somewhere. Same for flushing the BIOS and letting it auto-configure. Also verify, that you have properly plugged in your new memory bars and that they exactly match tthe old ones. Different memory timing can be quite detremental as it makes the BIOS use a mode that is compatible with both types, but not necessarily the native high performance timing of either two...

Mylenium

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points