Skip navigation
Spot23
Currently Being Moderated

Elements 9 Catalog

Apr 30, 2012 10:05 AM

My Elements 9 catalog has failed again and now will only show upto 5 thumb nails across, and then not all the time.

Cannot use photo mail as the thumb nails do not open in the preview and elements stops if you try to send.

Catolog manager is all greyed out so cannot run optimize etc.

Cannot delate thumb.5 cache as auto analyser appears to be running even when i have turned it off.

Running windows 7 64bit with 16 ram etc 2 TB space on 3 drives. Any solutions or should I just buy some other software?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 30, 2012 12:43 PM   in reply to Spot23

See this Adobe document for the name of the AutoAnalyser executable:

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/elementsorganizer/using/WSeffff8bffc802084 55b8a63d13175a0c394-8000.html

In Windows, ensure that that executable is not in your Startup folder, or set to run when Windows starts.

Ken

|
    Mark as:
    May 1, 2012 10:38 AM   in reply to Spot23

How many images do you have?  There's no way around letting the Organizer finish generating its thumbnails.

Ken

|
    Mark as:
    May 2, 2012 10:21 AM   in reply to Spot23

No, but now I'm completely confused as to what you're trying to do and what you did.

Start at the beginning and tell us step-by-step what's happening.

Ken

|
    Mark as:
    May 2, 2012 1:54 PM   in reply to Spot23

Hi Malc,

OK, as I understand it, you're running PSE9 and when you open the Organizer you can see all the thumbnails from 3 months (and earlier) but any images added after that are not displaying.  The Organizer is constantly trying to generate the thumbnails for the newer images.  Do I have it right?

If so, I haven't come across that before, so I don't have a answer.  Unless someone else here has a suggestion, I think this problem will have to be addressed by Adobe tech support.  Sorry.

Ken

P.S.,  When you're in the Catalog Manager window, you first have to select your catalog in the bottom section for the "Repair" and "Optimize" buttons to become enabled.

Message was edited by: photodrawken to add postscript.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points