• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dreamweaver CS5 fatal error XML parsing: Invalid document structure, line:1, File: C:\User\Tyler\App

New Here ,
Apr 29, 2012 Apr 29, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

XML parsing fatal error: Invalid document structure, line: 1, file: C:\User\Tyler\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Dreamweaver CS5\en_US\Configureation\Workspace\Classic.xml

I have gone through older disscussion forums and have followed the steps recommended by deleting the corrupted .xml file itself (in this case "Classic.xml") but imidiatly after when i try to open Dreamweaver again, i am prompted with the same fatal error message including the file that i have just deleted. Next i deleted the entire configure file and this did not help either.

It is also odd that when i follow the path to find the corrupted .xml file from the prompt, the path is different in that i do not find the "Classic.xml" file through th "en_US\Configuration\Weorkspace" navigation, however i do find the corrupt "Classic.xml" file in the "configure" folder of the "Adobe Dreamweaver CS5" file.

Im not sure what to do now and i would really like Dreamweaver back up and running so please help if you can!!!

Thanks

-Tyler

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 01, 2012 May 01, 2012

Step 1: Close DW, Navigate to C:\User\Tyler\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Dreamweaver CS5\en_US\Configureation\Workspace\ and delete that Classic.xml file

Re-open DW. DW should auto-create your Workspace layout XML file again. See if it works fine.

PROCEED TO STEP 2 ONLY IF STEP 1 DOESN'T SOLVE THE ISSUE

Step 2: Navigate to C:\Users\Tyler\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Dreamweaver CS5\en-US\Configuration and delete the entire 'CONFIGURATION' folder. Re-open DW. DW should auto-create your configuration folder based

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Apr 29, 2012 Apr 29, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No offense intended, but are you using a Legit version of DW?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 30, 2012 Apr 30, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, bought from my school last year, i have the original code and download software purchased from my campus store.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 01, 2012 May 01, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Step 1: Close DW, Navigate to C:\User\Tyler\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Dreamweaver CS5\en_US\Configureation\Workspace\ and delete that Classic.xml file

Re-open DW. DW should auto-create your Workspace layout XML file again. See if it works fine.

PROCEED TO STEP 2 ONLY IF STEP 1 DOESN'T SOLVE THE ISSUE

Step 2: Navigate to C:\Users\Tyler\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Dreamweaver CS5\en-US\Configuration and delete the entire 'CONFIGURATION' folder. Re-open DW. DW should auto-create your configuration folder based on predefined layouts and config options. This will definitely fix your issue.

Reason for this issue: This issue would have been caused due to a malformed workspace layout configuration. That may happen due to customizations you may have done to the layout/ improper file permissions/ improper shutdown on Windows.

See if these fixes resolve your issue and post your results here.

Cheers,

ST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 14, 2012 May 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First, I am not the original poster, but I got the same error.  I own a a ligit copy of dreamweaver cs5.  there was not "clasic.xml" but rather a designer.xml ...  moved that, and it worked.  thank you.  You Rock.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 28, 2012 Oct 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had exactly this problem and Step 2 resolved it!  Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 19, 2012 Nov 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had  similar problem with CS4 version... Step 1 resolved the issue ..thanks a lot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 19, 2018 Jul 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same problem did first step and it worked thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 18, 2020 Feb 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

step:1 worked. Thank you @sudarshan_t

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 18, 2021 May 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Not the poster, but found while googling a similar error.  Step 1 worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines