Skip navigation
ajschn1967
Currently Being Moderated

Can't view entire stamps palette in Acrobat X Pro

May 1, 2012 6:11 AM

Tags: #scroll #resize #palette #stamps

Hello --

I am unable to size the stamps palette so that I can see all of the stamps at once. No matter how large I size the window, I still have to scroll left and right to see all of the stamps, which remain in three rows with plenty of white space below to accommodate the ones that aren't showing. Also, when I recently upgraded to Acrobat X Pro (from Acrobat 8 Pro), suddenly the stamps are huge (though there is still enough room to display them all, if the window resize were working properly).

I've poked around in the settings and cannot find a fix. Can anyone help?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 2, 2012 7:18 AM   in reply to ajschn1967

I'm not getting the same behavior. When I resize the Stamps Palette window,

the distribution of the available stamps changes to match the new size.

|
    Mark as:
    May 2, 2012 7:34 AM   in reply to ajschn1967

Try updating to the latest version of Acrobat X, and also running a repair

installation.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 19, 2012 7:58 AM   in reply to ajschn1967

Same problem here, and equal frustration.  So glad to hear how wonderfully helpful Support was.  (Did you try powercycling your neighborhood?  It might be a problem with the electric company's generation plants, after all!)

OS==Win7Pro64.  SW==Acrobat X Pro v10.1.3.

Screen Resolution==(Native) 1366x768.  System text size==DEFAULT (100%).

I did not notice a failure of the stamps to auto-arrange to match window size until I added a few custom stamps to a new palette; I can't say it was not happening previously, only that I hadn't noticed it if it was.  Given that I use stamps/palette for hours each day across multiple documents, I can't imagine I wouldn't have noticed it, though.

N.b.,  right-most column of stamps cut off, empty space at bottom of palette, and horizontal scroll-bar at bottom.  It does not much matter how I resize the Stamps Palette window; no configuration that I've tried guarantees full view.  My stamps are not all the same dimensions, though that SHOULD not matter.  (whether it DOES matter, however...)

best wishes.

Stamps fail to auto-fit.JPG

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 19, 2012 8:01 AM   in reply to JonasDW

Also, I just read http://forums.adobe.com/message/3627332#3627332

That page mentions creating a single PDF of all stamps (one per page, in the desired order) and then adding that multi-page PDF to stamps.  Dunno if it would have any effect, but worth a shot.

-dwj

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 19, 2012 10:03 AM   in reply to JonasDW

On Tech Support chat right now-- this problem also  happens with "Dynamic" stamps, but not with "Standard Business" or "Sign Here."  My category, "Sign Here" does include one custom stamp with different dimensions, too!

dynamic stamps horizontal scroll.JPG

Another configuration of dynamic stamps.  (N.b., I obscured my email address and the document beneath the window).

dynamic stamps not fit.JPG

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 22, 2012 4:51 PM   in reply to JonasDW

Hi, all:

I figured out a workaround, if you know how to edit the stamp files. Note that this works as outlined in Acrobat X on a Mac. See below for Windows.

1. Create an image (see below for an example, but I think it's scaled) with a width that is greater than the width of your widest custom stamp. I did it by creating a line 1500 pixels across. You can save it as a gif, jpg, pdf file. I don't think it matters.

line.jpg

2. Open any pdf in Acrobat then show the stamps palette. Use the scroll menu to go to the stamp category that is causing these issues (CaseLaw above). Click import and find the line document you created and import that file into the category. Close the stamps palette and then quit Acrobat.

3. Find your custom stamps file. I am using Acrobat X on a Mac, and the stamps are here: /Users/YOURUSERNAME/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Acrobat/10.0/Stamps. Open whichever one has the stamp you just imported and show the page thumbnails. The line image that you just imported should be the last page in the file. Move it to the beginning (1st page). Save the file and then quit Acrobat.

4. Open the document you want to work on. Now you should be able to open the stamps palette and be able to see all of the stamps with no scrolling. If you cannot, you might need to increase the width of the line in the image.

Windows: Note that on a PC, there are two different locations for stamps. I think one is in your user folder and the other is in the Adobe program files. I use a PC at work, although I'm not as familiar with it as I am the Mac. I started with step 2, but when I opened the custom stamp file in my user folder, that custom stamp file didn't have the line image. That's how I determined there were two folders. I searched for "Stamps". Turns out Acrobat 9 on the PC had created a separate file in the Adobe program folder that had the line. Even though the image was in a different file, it still showed up in the stamp palette in the category I had imported it into. I got it to work, but I can't remember exactly what I did. It might be enough to move the page with the line on it to the beginning of the separate stamp file that Adobe creates when you import it (it will have a jibberish name).

I hope this helps some of you.

sb

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points