Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

invalid checksum

Apr 29, 2012 10:49 AM

Tags: #invalid_checksum

Keep getting message of under heading Image: Photoshop_12_1_LsI=1. and under reason "invalid checksum" and then the whole system seems to get stuck in extracting. Please help! thank you

maggie

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 30, 2012 10:05 AM   in reply to mmfflatley

Where are you choosing to download the install files too?

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 30, 2012 5:54 PM   in reply to Jeff A Wright

Hi, I'm having the same problem!!! The files are being instaled to by documents on my Mac, it's brand new and should have no issues with memory space. Please help?

Katie

|
    Mark as:
    May 1, 2012 8:07 AM   in reply to katie_789

If you open the Adobe Download Assistant has the download been completed?  Often we see this issue occur when either the Applications folder has been chosen or when somone attempts to mount the DMG file before the download has been completed.

If the download is completed in the Adobe Download Assistant you can temporarily turn off the feature to verify the checksum.  The following steps will allow you to temporarily disable this feature:

1. Open the Disk Utility located in Applications/Utilities
    2. Go under the Disk Utility menu and select preferences
    3. Deselect the option to verify checksums
    4. Try mounting your DMG file

I would recommend turning this feature back on though after the installation is complete.  Also if you notice this happening on additional files it can indicate a problem with your Internet connection.

Alternately you can also initiate a direct download by following the steps listed in http://forums.adobe.com/thread/981369.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points