Skip navigation
kfs1
Currently Being Moderated

Flash DVD CS5.5 First play menu works submenus will not launch chapters

May 1, 2012 9:13 AM

Tags: #flash #encore #dvd #menus

I have created a DVD project and the standard DVD menus work perfectly. The project is based on a single AVI file with Chapter markers. When I check the project for errors I do get one error the end action for the main time line will not execute because of the end result of the last chapter. Both have the same action to perform so this is not really an issue it seems to me.

As I said the actual DVD menus work exactly as they should. There is a main menu, Section menu, and a scene menu. The first play menu is actually the Selection menu. If I select the scene menu everything initially looks good the button highlight but if I activate button, they do nothing.

I was hoping some one might have an idea what I could be doing wrong in creating the menus or does the Flash menus not support multiple menus possibly?

FYI: the menus are motion menus,

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 1, 2012 9:21 AM   in reply to kfs1

deleted

|
    Mark as:
    May 1, 2012 9:30 AM   in reply to kfs1

There are some limits in flash output, but none that should have this effect.

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/encore/cs/using/WS130B1F01-AE62-4c59-BA44- F29ACD8522EEa.html

Do you see the same problem on DVD output?

You might post a screenshot of your flowchart.

I assume you are using overrides?

|
    Mark as:
    May 1, 2012 10:45 AM   in reply to kfs1

Do you have the end action of the scene menu set to the main menu? Is that really what you want? I don't see why your scene buttons don't work, but that strikes me as odd.

If that does not fix it, try removing the chapter end action on that last chapter. Yes, it should not matter, but something is odd.

Otherwise, I would try creating a simple version with one menu, linking to the movie. Confirm this works. Then one with two menus, with one for scenes (just a couple of chapters). Same problem?

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points