Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

DPS: Invalid Binary

May 1, 2012 5:25 AM

Hi,

We are updating our existing Viewer App from V18 to V19. Earlier also we updated the app and did not face any problem but this time when we submit the updated on iTunes Connect the status is showing “Invalid Binary”. We tried many option but did not get any success.

Just to inform you 'iCloud' option is not enable and I’m not seeing any problem in the App as .ipa version is working fine on my iPad. Could anybody please suggest how to correct this? This is quit important and urgent for me.

PS: if you wish I can upload the distribution and ipa file as well.

Regards

Anil Yadav

Replies
  • Bob Bringhurst
    4,644 posts
    May 29, 2007
    May 1, 2012 7:47 AM   in reply to Anil Yadav

Did you submit the distribution .zip app using the most recent non-beta Application Loader?

|
    Mark as:
  • Bob Bringhurst
    4,644 posts
    May 29, 2007
    May 1, 2012 9:57 AM   in reply to Anil Yadav

I'm not sure what causing the problem in this case. It sounds like you have the right version of Application Loader. There isn't a problem with Viewer Builder that I'm aware of. Perhaps try re-creating the app from scratch in Viewer Builder.

|
    Mark as:
  • Bob Bringhurst
    4,644 posts
    May 29, 2007
    May 1, 2012 11:48 AM   in reply to Anil Yadav

Did you specify all the icon files for both iPad 1/2 and iPad 3? When creating your PNG image assets, a safe approach is to use Save for Web & Devices in Photoshop.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 1, 2012 12:18 PM   in reply to Bob Bringhurst

I presume it must be iPad3 icon issue Anil. Thanks Bob.

|
    Mark as:
    May 1, 2012 1:37 PM   in reply to Anil Yadav

@ Anil.

Answer to one of your earlier questions "Why it was not corrupt in the earlier versions" - Because those were created by a creative genious, you guys are just humans.

But I didn't work for iPad 3, and had to make sure that the specifications for iPad 3 are met. Too bad that there's no viewer builder for windows.

Just make sure to use the "Save for web" option while saving in photoshop. Somehow, I do have a feeling that "Interlace setting" may be the culprit here, though never faced such an issue before. Play it safe, set the "metadata" to "none", don't convert to sRGB, "Transparency" is fine. By the look of things, it's a definite case of corrupt icon file.

Or just open an already created icon file for earlier versions, and match the png settings of both. Even if that doesn't work, you need a divine intervention.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 15, 2012 7:47 AM   in reply to Anil Yadav

hi there

I have the same issue "invalid binary"

the app is not enable to icloud

my icons are saved for web

how did you solve your issue? I am going nuts after several try and I need to submit asap thi app

please help

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 15, 2012 11:43 PM   in reply to minia92

is "Enable for Passes" and/or "Enable for Data Protection" checked or unchecked?

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points