Skip navigation
lgoss
Currently Being Moderated

Icon issues in Bridge CS3 and also with Photo Downloader that have never been there before.

Apr 25, 2012 10:13 PM

Having two major problems.  Until recently, all of my Bridge folders opened up with regular thumbnails, then recently one folder opened up with only DNG icons that had previously been regular thumbnails.  I then went to download images from my  wife's camera - a Canon Powershot G9 and only came up with CR2 icons on the Photo Downloader, then when trying to download images from my Nikon D300, had NEF icons.  Neither of these problems had occurred before.  I had recently tried to make more space on hard drive by eliminating a file/command I had read about - a Blobs.MYD.  Not sure if that started the problem.  Have tried reinstalling Photoshop CS3  and updated Camera Raw (4.6) but not sure if I put it in right location.  Probably have goofed up a ton of stuff, so not sure how to clean up my big mess.  Any help will be greatly appreciated.  Have tried to purge cache, reset things, etc.  all to no avail!  Thanks in advance for any help.  I am not a techie, so need really specific instructions/guidance!

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 25, 2012 10:35 PM   in reply to lgoss

Macintosh or Windows?  Need to know in order to determine if I can help.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 25, 2012 11:27 PM   in reply to lgoss

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 26, 2012 12:43 AM   in reply to lgoss

There was a bug in one of the versions of ACR and the Adobe DNG Converter that affected the Photo Downloader and Bridge.  Can't remember off-hand which version and the forums were split by platform since then.

At any rate, you should make certain that Photoshop is updated to version 10.0.1, Bridge to 2.1.1.9, and Adobe Camera Raw to 4.6.

Also make sure the Camera Raw.plugin file is in its correct location and that you have only one instance of the file installed.

Note that the path to the correct folder begins with the name of your Hard Disk.  You do not want your home folder or your user library involved at all here.

Path_to_ACR_in_CS3_c.jpg

Click thumbnail for larger image.

(screen shot borrowed from an old post)

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 26, 2012 12:54 AM   in reply to lgoss

In addition to the above, while inside Bridge, go to the Tools menu and Purge the Cache for each offending folder.

|
    Mark as:
    May 1, 2012 9:07 AM   in reply to lgoss

Have you tried resetting your preferences?  This is usually the first attack when things get squirrely.

Hold down the Cmd key and start Bridge.  You will get a reset window with 3 options.  Choose all 3.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points