Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Layers & Layer comps disappear in palette but I can bring them back. Is this a bug or...

May 1, 2012 12:14 PM

a preference setting?

A lot of times I'll be working on multiple .psd files and as I'm moving between files I'll notice that all the layers & layer comps will disappear from their palette (see image)

http://i.imgur.com/WRLVW.jpg

I can bring them back by doing something like clicking on the text tool and then clicking on a text item on the stage. It's annoying because it takes a couple of clicks for the palette(s) to redisplay.

Is this a bug or is there a setting in preferences that can control this?

Thanks in advance for your replies,

Zak.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 1, 2012 11:55 PM   in reply to zak_flash

I can’t remember having encountered that behaviour, but I wonder if switching screen modes (hitting the key F three times) might help.

And you may want to consider providing some information about your set up …

Boilerplate-text:

Are Photoshop and OS fully updated and have you performed the usual trouble-shooting routines (trashing prefs by keeping command-alt-shift/ctrl-alt-shift pressed while starting Photoshop, 3rd party plug-ins deactivation, system maintenance, cleaning caches, font validation, etc.)?

Does turning off OpenGL in the Performance Preferences and restarting Photoshop have any bearing on the issue?

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points