Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Best I/O card for SDI or HDMI monitoring

Apr 30, 2012 10:34 PM

For quite some time now I have been using Black Magic to provide I/O on our macs including thunderbolt from our Imac for HDMI & SDI.

It is commonly known that using I/O harware is another process and hence will reduce performance.

We could get by with just a monitoring solution knowing that we hardly ever output to digital betacam anymore

Since it's been a while I'd thought I would ask if anyone out there has heard of any better solutions for monitoring etc.

We may replace/upgrade all of our systems so any info would really be appreciated before we purchase.

and please I do not intend this post to be a Mac vs PC thread.

Thanks in advance

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 30, 2012 11:33 PM   in reply to Butch2oc

Wait and see what the monitoring solution in CS6 does for you.  Its called 'Transmit'

|
    Mark as:
    May 1, 2012 6:33 PM   in reply to Butch2oc

Not Shooternz, but very familiar with Adobe Transmit. It means you can use just regular Adobe sequences (CUDA and all) and get HD SDI play out thru AJA, BM or Matrox hardware into an engineering monitor or tape machine. Adobe provided a hook for third party vendors to their video stream thus allowing a simpler and more stabile way to send video out to their hardware. It suffers from none of the issues users had with previous version of CS Premiere.

|
    Mark as:
    May 1, 2012 8:06 PM   in reply to Butch2oc

|
    Mark as:
    May 1, 2012 9:05 PM   in reply to Butch2oc

Final drivesr hasve not been released for most vendors, but since CS6 has not been officially released thats probably a moot point. 

|
    Mark as:
    May 2, 2012 1:02 AM   in reply to Butch2oc

Does anybody know if Adobe Transmit adds any delay into the external monitor feed?

Richard Knight

|
    Mark as:
    May 4, 2012 9:35 AM   in reply to Butch2oc

Adobe Transmit is integrated into CS6 software. There is nothing to turn on or off. It just is

AJA hasn't released its final drivers so I am not at liberty to go into details.

I will speculate that based on AJAs fine track record with its hardware and software that they will release a final product that will satisfy most professionals.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points