Skip navigation
MLM_OSI
Currently Being Moderated

PHP forms in Catalyst

May 1, 2012 10:54 PM

Help please!

I have a php form that I would like to integrate into our Catalyst site.

IE, I have a form but I want it to sit inside the Catalyst header / side bar / footer.

Is this possible and if so, how?

Replies
  • Liam Dilley
    6,694 posts
    Feb 28, 2012
    May 2, 2012 12:49 AM   in reply to MLM_OSI

Hi there,

You can not run PHP scripts on this system. It is a .net based system and also what is known as a SAAS system - Software as a solution. You do not have access to server side coding.

BC (depending on the plan you have) has a great web form builder to work with its in Built CRM to build forms, captcha data etc if you need that.

If you have a form you wish to pass data to an external site, as long as that is just html with the action to go to that site to post the data, then you just insert that html into your template/page/layout - where ever you need that to be.

|
    Mark as:
  • Liam Dilley
    6,694 posts
    Feb 28, 2012
    May 2, 2012 1:42 AM   in reply to MLM_OSI

You need to check out some of the guides and reference material from the knowledgebase:

http://kb.worldsecuresystems.com/search/index.html?cx=0149417765593964 84648%3Aekxqgmgvzay&cof=FORID%3A9%3BNB%3A1&ie=UTF-8&q=web+form&bc-part ner

If your in the old UI it is under modules - web forms. Under the new UI (Grey and black one) it is under the first menu section on the left (Site Manager).

If you do not see it you may have a plan that does not include web forms.

|
    Mark as:
  • Liam Dilley
    6,694 posts
    Feb 28, 2012
    May 2, 2012 5:04 PM   in reply to MLM_OSI

Hey Lisa,

You will need to do that stuff with Javascript and have a good knowledge on that. So you would have a form and your results section or elements show/change based on others. As the person fills those in you would form up those results.

To post those through the actual form the person uses is just a standard form with no action and based on that information, if you just want the results sent through you can have a hidden form or displayed form (but made not to look like a form css wise) and that is the one submitted into the system.

If you would like both stored you would need to use thngs like jQuery .submit so you can submit both forms in one go.

All doable, for me its work to do it but not a problem for me. Just depends on how good your javascript skills and style skills are.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points