Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Audio Issues Premiere Pro CS5.5

Apr 30, 2012 7:30 AM

Hi All!

New here...

I'm using Premiere Pro CS5.5 on a Mac Pro, running Lion. Had no issues with it at all until now.

Issue:

For some reason, when I'm looking at footage in the source window the audio doesn't play. However if I leave it for a few minutes it 'compiles', the best way I can think of describing it as is buffering. but if I skip forward a substantial amount of time, say 3-5minutes the audio fails. I also have a slight problem with the video footage stuttering when viewing in the source window.

Looking back at previous edits that I've done they all work fine, its only effecting new edits.

I've trawled the net looking for answers, followed all the hints I've found from clearing the Media Cache database to reinstalling the entire collection to changing the audio hardware output

However nothing works.

Any suggestions?

Cheers,

Stu

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 30, 2012 10:49 AM   in reply to St00f4h

What are the specs of your media?

|
    Mark as:
    May 1, 2012 10:07 AM   in reply to St00f4h

PP will 'convert' audio from that source into 32 bit floating point for use inside of PP.  If you try and play a file before conforming is finished, you can have issues.

In the lower right hand corner of the interface, you'll see yellow progress bars for the conforming.  Wait till that's done.

|
    Mark as:
    May 2, 2012 10:51 AM   in reply to St00f4h

Conforming Audio.png

|
    Mark as:
    May 2, 2012 9:17 PM   in reply to St00f4h

There's more information about audio conforming here.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points