Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Batch Video Transition, Timing and Effects

May 1, 2012 8:20 AM

Is there a way to batch transitions, timing and effects on multiple video clips or still images?

It seems as if you should be able to select several clips then, when highlighted, changing a transition, effect or timing should apply to all other selected clips.

This seems like an essential aspect of video editing... especially slideshows.

Am I missing something?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 1, 2012 12:21 PM   in reply to BobDiN

As it is right now, there aren't batch operations in the timeline panel

|
    Mark as:
    May 1, 2012 3:36 PM   in reply to BobDiN

For the still images, you could use actions and file automate to batch process them if you want them all to have the same effects placed on them.

Pattie

|
    Mark as:
    May 2, 2012 11:26 AM   in reply to BobDiN

Hi Bob, I'll check into the layer selection and action stuff above and let you know what I find.

Actions are supposed to be able to call other actions also in CS6.

Pattie

|
    Mark as:
    May 2, 2012 11:28 AM   in reply to BobDiN

Hey Bob,

1. It doesn't look like transitions such as cross-fade can be added to an audio track. They can be added to video tracks, so if your audio is attached to a video it can be cross-faded that way. You can adjust the fade in or fade out, or volume of the audio track by right clicking on it in the timeline panel to get the audio dialog.

2. Yes, you can fade in and out, and adjust volume of a video track's audio by right clicking on it in the timeline, and clicking on the audio button along the top to get the audio options.

timelineshots.jpg

Instead of rightclicking in both of these instances, you can click the little arrow at the end of each clip to get these same menus.

|
    Mark as:
    May 2, 2012 12:29 PM   in reply to BobDiN

Yep!

That would be a just fine workaround.

I had hoped to give you the tools to be able to discover a viable set of steps for what you need.

Good on ya.

Cheers.

Pete

|
    Mark as:
    May 2, 2012 5:02 PM   in reply to BobDiN

Bob,

I tried your actions and they appear to work the same in both versions. I made a simple file with 8 layers (bottom one background or layer 0)  I ran the actions step by step.  The gotcha is when you run this particular action, you are at the bottom asking to select one more below where there is nothing, so it selects the top one.

Pattie

1.      Select “Top” Layer                               (layer 7 in my  case)                             

2.     Select “Bottom” Layer                          (layer 0)                          

3.     Select the next layer Above current      (layer 1)          

4.      Select the next layer Below current      (layer 0)         

5.      Adds the layer Above to the current layer    (layer 0 is selected. it adds 1 to selection)     

6.      Adds the layer Below to the current layer    (since layer 0 is the bottom, it will wrap and select the top layer)

If you skip step 4 then it will select layers 1,2, and zero as you might expect.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points