Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

CS6 Availability

Apr 23, 2012 3:20 PM

B&H Photo is advertising CS6 products are suposed to be available May 7th.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 23, 2012 4:08 PM   in reply to Bill Gehrke

That's great news.  I for one can't wait to get CS6.  I have it on order.....

dave

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 23, 2012 7:05 PM   in reply to Bill Gehrke

That would tie in with the previous discussions of buying CS5.5 "up to May 6" and getting a free CS6

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 24, 2012 8:49 PM   in reply to John T Smith

Any specific date is not to be trusted. Do not be surprised or upset if that date given by B&H Photo is wrong.

What I will tell you is that the software will be released before the end of the first week in June.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 25, 2012 8:54 AM   in reply to Todd_Kopriva

Do not be upset

Too late.  You guys have really busted out a lot of stops with this new release.  I think a lot of us are already upset we can't but it NOW.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 25, 2012 9:16 AM   in reply to Jim Simon

That kind of upset doesn't bother me so much. ;-)

|
    Mark as:
    May 2, 2012 10:19 AM   in reply to Todd_Kopriva

>software will be released before the end of the first week in June

Over in the product forum, there have been several messages in the past week or so from people claiming to have the CS6 trial

About an hour ago, I looked (to respond to a couple of those messages) and the official download page still says version 5.5 trial

It appears that someone has posted a stolen/hacked/beta version, and links to that are being found by people wanting CS6 now

Is Adobe doing anything to shut down those links?

Is there any further information on an ACTUAL release date, to be able to tell people that the CS6 trial they have found will not be real until X date?

|
    Mark as:
    May 2, 2012 10:23 AM   in reply to John T Smith

It's not a theft/hack. It's a mistake.

There is a mistake that has made it so that some people downloading the trial version from the Adobe website have gotten the CS6 version of the software.

The trial versions will be officially released by the first week in June. Maybe earlier.

|
    Mark as:
    May 2, 2012 11:15 AM   in reply to Todd_Kopriva

The various paths allow direct download of the CS6 trials (it is not the officially linked CS5.5 link).

I have not completed a download, and have not attempted to install. I'm quite happy to wait till release.

I considered the possibiility that Adobe is happy to allow some free looks - anyone will be able to download it upon release - but that just doesn't sound right to me!

|
    Mark as:
    May 2, 2012 11:16 AM   in reply to Todd_Kopriva

Uuuuugh!!!  Another month??!!

You guys are the worst kind of tease.

|
    Mark as:
    May 2, 2012 2:34 PM   in reply to Jim Simon

Note the "maybe earlier". There's what I can officially promise (by the end of the first week in June) and then the rest of what I say. (Hint, hint.)

|
    Mark as:
    May 2, 2012 1:59 PM   in reply to Jim Simon

One datapoint to share — I've tuned into every "Ask A Pro" session this week and in each presentation the same question would be asked, and they've been clear in saying the software would be out next week...

But Adobe's a large company so perhaps different areas are set to say differing things.  In any event, I don't expect Todd to either confirm or deny that release date.

|
    Mark as:
    May 2, 2012 2:13 PM   in reply to ProDesignTools

Some people confuse targets with things that we can be certain of.

|
    Mark as:
    May 2, 2012 2:33 PM   in reply to Todd_Kopriva

I can officially promise (by the end of June)

You mean beginning, right?  First week?

|
    Mark as:
    May 2, 2012 2:35 PM   in reply to Jim Simon

Sorry, Jim. I left out an important phrase.

Yes, by the end of the first week in June. Maybe earlier.

|
    Mark as:
    May 3, 2012 5:32 PM   in reply to Todd_Kopriva

I just got an email from Videoguys.com.  Here's the headline.

Adobe CS6 MASTER COLLECTION Available Monday!

BUY CS5.5 BY MIDNIGHT SUNDAY
    AT TODAY'S PRICES
    AND SAVE UP TO $1,000!

|
    Mark as:
    May 3, 2012 7:52 PM   in reply to Jim Simon

Well, sure... that is what has already been stated in other messages

Buy CS5.5 now and get CS6 free when it is released

Checking the Products link at the top it is easy to see that it will cost less, for some products and FROM some upgrade products, to buy 5.5 before the end of May 6

That is especially true for the suites... for instance, I can upgrade CS5 MC to 5.5 for about $550 and get CS6 MC for free... or I can upgrade directly from CS5 MC to CS6 MC for about a thousand... good incentive to upgrade NOW, and helps Adobe clear inventory

|
    Mark as:
    May 4, 2012 11:17 AM   in reply to John T Smith

It was more the bold letters in black that got my attention.  That sales of 5.5 cease Sunday night only 'confirms' that. (Hopefully)

|
    Mark as:
    May 4, 2012 3:37 PM   in reply to Jim Simon

I'm still struggling with the entire upgrade issue... I have CS5 MC, which I bought while working at WA State Univ... but I am now retired so am no longer able to buy education

I can upgrade CS5-to-CS5.5-to-CS6 for $549... but the ONLY part of MC I have ever used other than Premiere Pro is Acrobat... and Acrobat X does not offer anything I need

Take that back... I also use Photoshop, but the CS6 version does not offer anything I need... so upgrading Master Collection is a VERY low priority for me

So, I am now back at upgrading my older Premiere Pro CS3 to 5.5 to CS6 for $299... and here I am really waffling about my decision

PPro CS5 works perfectly with the MTS files from my Canon Vixia, and the MP4 files from wife's Flip, so I don't really NEED PPro CS6

But... I'm looking at Encore being 64bit, as well as the other speed/codec improvements (if I ever do buy a different camera) so am trying to figure out if WANTING PPro CS6 is enough reason to buy

Still have a day and a half to think about this... oh well... so many things to use $$ but only a finite supply (especially now that I am retired, and this IS only a hobby)

But... for those who really need CS6... maybe the email you received means it will be available to actually download on Monday (or have discs shipped)

|
    Mark as:
    May 5, 2012 12:16 PM   in reply to John T Smith

Well, with all of the speculation on the release date, I decided to just leave the country, in hopes that, upon my return, the "official release" would be here.

I can wait.

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    May 6, 2012 5:18 AM   in reply to Bill Hunt

good decision, Bill.

i usually wait until i'm between projects and not in the middle of one when updating/upgrading, so i usually can (/have to) wait anyway.

but this year i have yet to ever be in between projects 

|
    Mark as:
    May 6, 2012 8:25 AM   in reply to Felix Lewis

>this year i have yet to ever be in between projects

Good for you!

Sounds like you might need to jump over to the hardware section and build a new computer, just so you can get CS6 for new projects

Whatever I do on my purchase decision, it is going to be REALLY interesting to see what people are saying tomorrow about orders and "now" vs "later" shipping or downloading

Now, time for breakfast and back to the wife's latest yard project

|
    Mark as:
    May 6, 2012 3:52 PM   in reply to John T Smith

John T Smith wrote:

Good for you!

yes, i'm really happy about that.

John T Smith wrote:

Sounds like you might need to jump over to the hardware section and build a new computer, just so you can get CS6 for new projects

well, i'm not THAT up to my ears in work to afford a second machine just for a transition...

you think, i'll be able to do a clean install of some CS6 Programs (Pr+AE) on the same machine as my CS5 and then the whole suite en suite? (terrible english, but i hope, it maskes the point)

|
    Mark as:
    May 6, 2012 6:08 PM   in reply to Bill Hunt

"In fact, one of the major design goals was to create a more integrated user experience between the Creative Cloud, Adobe.com, and the Forums."

Given the timing of this forum change, I can't help but get excited about being able to actually buy CS6 tomorrow.  I hope, I hope, I hope...

|
    Mark as:
    May 6, 2012 8:07 PM   in reply to Felix Lewis

Felix CL (added because right now the "new" forum does not show the reply to)

>clean install of some CS6 Programs (Pr+AE) on the same machine as my CS5

I have read several messages in the past that each install is self contained, and some people have 2 or 3 versions installed at the same time... to work on new projects with new versions, and finish old projects where they were started

|
    Mark as:
    May 6, 2012 8:29 PM   in reply to John T Smith

Well, the "new, and improved" forum is also not bothering to show anthing new, updated, etc., I now have to look at each thread's last post date/time. BOGUS!!! The new "skins" experiment are a major bust, and are not appreciated, in the least. Bad move Adobe Forum team.

Now, I have, in the past, had many versions of various Adobe programs installed, all at the same time.

I hear that the new (and improved) EULA is banning such action, and to that, I say, "I fart in your general direction."

For legit Adobe product license owners, there are often several reasons to have earlier verisons installed and functioning.

Much is changing, and that is not JUST directed at the Adobe Forums, and I am not sure that I am a happy camper.

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    May 6, 2012 8:32 PM   in reply to Bill Hunt

>

Now, I have, in the past, had many versions of various Adobe programs installed, all at the same time.

I hear that the new (and improved) EULA is banning such action

You hear incorrectly.

Where did you get that misinformation?

|
    Mark as:
    May 6, 2012 8:33 PM   in reply to Bill Hunt

> Well, the "new, and improved" forum is also not bothering to show anthing new, updated, etc., I now have to look at each thread's last post date/time. BOGUS!!! The new "skins" experiment are a major bust, and are not appreciated, in the least. Bad move Adobe Forum team.

Please, please, please tell the forum team on the forum that they read. It doesn't help to yell at us (the people who make the video software and who agree with you on this issue).

http://forums.adobe.com/community/general/forum_comments

|
    Mark as:
    May 6, 2012 9:08 PM   in reply to Bill Gehrke

Yes, it's here!

|
    Mark as:
    May 6, 2012 9:09 PM   in reply to ProDesignTools

Now you can legitimately download CS6 software.

You can order CS6 Production Premium here: http://adobe.ly/CCProd ... or try it free for 30 days: http://adobe.ly/In5IR5

|
    Mark as:
    May 7, 2012 8:15 AM   in reply to Todd_Kopriva

According to my Education reseller, it's in, and I can download CS6 now! I'm currently trying to log into the licensing web site to get it done, but it's being awfully slow... I guess the rest of the world is doing it, too! Yay!

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)