Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

why did my project move right? why did the chicken cross the road?

Apr 19, 2012 6:42 PM

some questions you can answer right away, others not so fast. sometimes you need more " info ".

most people working movies etc know what " craft service " is. It is in a word, " FOOD ! " or at least snacks...yoodles and coffee etc.

when working like a maniac in the fast lane, given a moment to hit the craft service area for FOOD or something...you tend to elbow your way through the crowd of those who are just " hanging out " near the food ...while making snarling noises and moving really fast...so you can get back to the set right away.

its not unusual to get there, elbow a few stand-ins, background actors and misc strangers out of the way, grab something and wolf it down as you run back to the set.

This leads to various questions that a savvy person would automatically know the answers to.

Q: why did the chicken cross the road ?

A: Company move

Q: What came first, the chicken or the egg ?

A: depends on your call time

Why someone's video moved to the right is a bit more complex...but once you have the basics down, its all gravy !

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 20, 2012 8:46 PM   in reply to able123

Q: why did the chicken cross the road ?

A: Company move

I always though that this was to get to the airport, since the producer decided to film in Malaysia, because his mistress always wanted to go there, so the script (including the chicken), was moved from Burbank to Malaysia (and usually during Monsoon Season, as the mistress seldom had any idea of what the weather in Malaysia could be like... ).

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 20, 2012 8:48 PM   in reply to able123

Q: What came first, the chicken or the egg ?

A: depends on your call time

After having elbowed my way to the Craft Services canteen, past all those folk, who you mentioned, just killing time, I never bothered to ask - I'd get a deviled egg, and some dead chicken part to munch on, and do, just as you suggest - high-tail it back to the shoot, with Smoked Paprika on my lips from the deviled egg. For me, they always came together. First was the one that I would encounter in the display, before the other.

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 21, 2012 4:15 PM   in reply to able123

I had never thought of it that way, but now I see your point.

Maybe I should relate the medical academic society, in a similar fashion. At the graduation parties for the various medical schools departments, there is always chicken served. I refer to late April through early June, as the "Rubber Chicken Circuit."

Were it not for chicken, I doubt that there would be/could be, medical school graduations.

The world turns on chicken. Now, I think I understand how two uncles became muli-millionaires, when they sold their property to Tyson. It is all coming together for me.

Thanks, and we are having Chicken Parmesan tonight!

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 22, 2012 5:08 AM   in reply to Bill Hunt

Hello Bill

I have rececntly posted a question and im looking to try to resolve my issue.  Since i have posted, i have read your post on codecs, and other information that you have kindly posted.  I then came accross this post thread, and im wondering if its similiar to my problem that im encountering at this time.

As i said, i do understand a bit more about what a codec is so im looking into that now.  I will also advise you that my timline consists of a red line accross the top of the timeline.  Ive been informed somwhere that is not a good sign.  Does that tell me that i have a codec problem?  (UPDATE: I HAVE read that the red line in my timeline is simply telling me that the section does not have a rendered prievew.  How does or would this affect my final finished project? )

Anyway here is a coply of my post.............

Hello

I am not a professional by any means.  But i like to try and make movies and also make them for friends.

I have recently completed a movie consisting of video, and photographic stills.  It took me a long time to complete and i advised my friends that i had finished it.

When i view the completed project in the Prem pro Project window all seems fine.  And when i see it in the media encoder source and it all looks ok.

But there were problems when i completed and exported it to Adobe Media Encoder and rendered.  I viiewed it afterwards to see that the whole movie including video and stills, had moved to the right slightly making it look like the photos and video were not center of screen.  This means that i have now a black space to the left of every action.

I rendered in Premiere Pro CS3.   My Export settings:

Windows Media

My frame width and height were the same as the source.  780 x 480

I dont understand what the bitrate mode does and so i left it on Variable Constrained.

My Audio was fine and it came out as stereo as i preffered.

Can someone advise what ive done wrong?  Why do i get that border to the left of the project all way through the project.  Its never happened before to me and i cant seem to get rid of it.

Its affected the whole project and i cant seem to correct it as i dont know what caused it.

I hope someone can help me.

As you can see Bill,  i still may need to provide you with a codec explanation.  Do i need to give a codec for the completed rendered project?  or a codec from the timeline or where do  i look?  Do i look in prem pro for the codec?   Where do i look for my codec for this project?  

Also i have read your article about Problem with AVI file .. thoe lowdown.  http://forums.adobe.com/thread/440037

But my videos are not AVI.  Some are Mpeg, some are WM files, a large mix.

Please try to help me as it took me a long time to build my project only to see that i cannot show it to anybody now cus of the final rendered state. 

Many thanks and i do hope to hear from u anybody else that could help me.

Jason.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 22, 2012 2:11 PM   in reply to able123

might be the facebook link from the forum, if yoou use firefox:

-->Tools-->Options-->Advanced-->Enc… Certificates-->Servers-->Add exception Location: static.ak.connect.facebook.com Confirm exception.

i don't know how the other browsers handle it.

by the way, hi, i'm back, able and Bill! missed me?

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 22, 2012 3:05 PM   in reply to Jasonrechel2012

offtopic:
    are you cropping your sequence on export?check your export settings:
    output.jpg

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 22, 2012 3:42 PM   in reply to able123

why do i keep getting these warnings ?

Because you're not using Firefox with NoScript installed.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 22, 2012 4:09 PM   in reply to able123

Because you're watching too many YouTube clips about

Chicken eating Snakes and vice versa.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 22, 2012 4:10 PM   in reply to Jim Simon

Just checked out the add-on info page.

Thank you for this, i'll install it right now.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 24, 2012 12:03 PM   in reply to able123

able123 wrote:

Felix... yes, missed you.  welcome back. where you been ?

been awfully busy...

-all the best wishes to your family.

- where my thing points to? ey!?

|
    Mark as:
    May 2, 2012 5:08 PM   in reply to able123

Well, pushing and pulling the Panther a lot and some editing in Summer and editing a lot and pushing the Pather a bit in Winter ;-)

You threw in the towel completely on DollyGripping? (for good?)

darn, i don't get to do it as often, as i used to, since i'm overbusy with editing and a bit of motion design... and i miss it!

for what i was busy with: all national stuff here in Austria, nothing huge, but i'll give you a link to my fresh reel once i finally find the time and patience to finish it...

felix

---

and keep smiling

|
    Mark as:
    May 6, 2012 3:56 PM   in reply to able123

i can understand that.

MN = Minnesota?

and good luck on your editing career! keep us updated.

|
    Mark as:
    May 6, 2012 5:14 PM   in reply to able123

Sounds good Rod.

I hope your new place has enough room for a new computer and CS6.

Its time to upgrade that CS3.  You deserve it.

Have you been watching all the sneek peeks of CS6 ?

I really like the hover scrub and the true full screen playback.

Now with Nvidia cards doing more than 2 screens that should be nice too.

Todd posted the new system requirements but it does not show any 600 cards as of yet.  Maybe soon though.

No more OnLocation though.  I really only used it for setting up shots so maybe that feature will come back.

I guess your new place will be a little colder than NY.

Are you ready for it ?

All for now:  GLenn

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points