Skip navigation

What's the technique best emplyed for this confetti?

Apr 29, 2012 9:01 AM

Latest reply: Lundberg02, May 5, 2012 2:35 PM
Replies 1 2 Previous Next
  • Noel Carboni
    23,455 posts
    Dec 23, 2006
    Currently Being Moderated
    May 2, 2012 5:55 PM   in reply to Lundberg02

Obviously faked.  Everyone knows things weren't in color back then.  And only a cell phone camera could achieve that depth of focus.

The real giveaway is that you added too much noise with the Add Noise filter.

And again with the horizon.    Were you guys out there too close to the edge again?

-Noel

|
    Mark as:
  • Noel Carboni
    23,455 posts
    Dec 23, 2006
    May 2, 2012 5:48 PM   in reply to Lundberg02

See how much more real this looks?

Old.jpg

-Noel

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 2, 2012 6:11 PM   in reply to Noel Carboni

I knew it!

On the internet, no one knows you're a dog.

|
    Mark as:
  • Trevor Dennis
    5,829 posts
    May 24, 2010
    May 2, 2012 10:29 PM   in reply to Lundberg02

Lundberg02 wrote:

One more, and that's all you can have before dinner.Cunningham gets a drink.jpg

It must have some power going up hill like that.

The mods will surely close this soon, but while the going is good...  It seemed to me that after 600 weddings Tim-Pat must be at least 90, and would fade away given time.  I never think of wedding photogs as 'Professional Photographers'  In fact I am never impressed with any one trick photographers.  People like Joe McNally can turn their hand to anything that involves a camera, and do a really good job of it.

|
    Mark as:
    May 2, 2012 10:53 PM   in reply to Trevor Dennis

Trevor.Dennis wrote:

I never think of wedding photogs as 'Professional Photographers'  In fact I am never impressed with any one trick photographers.

Well Trevor, all I can say is that I wish I could earn $6k per gig as a "non Professional Photographer," and be in a position to turn business away because I'm just too busy... like some of my clients!

|
    Mark as:
    May 2, 2012 11:13 PM   in reply to Trevor Dennis

OFF TOPIC

Trevor.Dennis wrote:

…I never think of wedding photogs as 'Professional Photographers'  In fact I am never impressed with any one trick photographers…

Hmmmm…  That's like saying one's not impressed with a brain surgeon, cardiologist or ophthalmologist because they're one-trick practitioners.

Not only is that condescending and narrow minded, but it has nothing to do with anything.  "Non-professional" photographers, even non-photographers support the development of Photoshop and, as far as I can tell, have always been welcome in this forum.

|
    Mark as:
    May 2, 2012 11:49 PM   in reply to station_one

I never think of wedding photogs as 'Professional Photographers'

I really think someone who produces such amateurish compositions as what's on your Flickr page would be a little smarter about putting down the work of others. Especially when you make such comments like

I don't have any out of focus poor quality shots in my flickr stream

I'm not sure what you call it, but there IS a thing called comparative texturing when you start combining different photos into one design. Some of your compositions have very noisy graphics next to overly smooth graphics - that's certainly not appealing. I really don't want to go down that road of putting down another person's work, but apparently you feel you're a little better than you are - which then gives me permission to give my opinion. When you start putting down other people, you really do open up the flood gates for others to knock you down a few notches. I certainly don't brag about what I can do, what I have done, and all I'm capable of. My belief is those who feel they must posture and prove their experience are only trying to prove something to themselves. You should let your work speak for yourself.

I really wish a moderator would close this thread because it's just going to get nastier as people like T. Dennis throw out their hypocritical words. Buddy, you need to check yourself at the door.

|
    Mark as:
  • Noel Carboni
    23,455 posts
    Dec 23, 2006
    May 3, 2012 4:57 AM   in reply to Trevor Dennis

Trevor, I must say I most enjoyed your work you put up in post 36.  I don't think I've seen a better, more noise-free shot of a polar bear in a snow storm.

And Lundberg, ya got me.

SleepyHound.jpg

-Noel

|
    Mark as:
    May 3, 2012 12:08 PM   in reply to Noel Carboni

Obviously, Noel, you are unaware that satellite radar has revealed, what we mariners already knew back then, that certain parts of the Pacific are twenty feet higher than the average sea level, due to gravity anomalies.

One ot the very early Photoshop tutorials was how to deal with polar bears in snow, no doubt because there were so many demands.

In re cel phones: Kodak is bankrupt. Need I say more?

|
    Mark as:
    May 3, 2012 10:38 PM   in reply to Lundberg02

Lundberg02 wrote:

…Kodak is bankrupt…

Value of Kodak stock, last five years:

Picture 23.png

|
    Mark as:
    May 3, 2012 10:45 PM   in reply to station_one

My GOD people, how many tangents can a thead have? How the hell do I remove myself from this thread. You people aren't adding anything to this thread, so STOP already! Does everyone in these forums have to always outdo everyone else? Does everyone need proven wrong all the time? Now I remember why I took a year long break from this place. It's maddening how some threads can grow into such crap!

|
    Mark as:
    May 3, 2012 10:52 PM   in reply to Shan-Dysigns

Chill out.

Just unsubscribe from email notifications, whether globally, by forum or by thread.

The forums are designed to be accessed through their web interface with a web browser.  I'm not subscribed to any forum or to any thread, and I only read the threads I want.  I've never got an e-mail from the forums.

Threads are known to have surpassed 1,000 posts.

|
    Mark as:
    May 3, 2012 11:27 PM   in reply to Shan-Dysigns

Shan-Dysigns wrote:

My GOD people, how many tangents can a thead have? How the hell do I remove myself from this thread. You people aren't adding anything to this thread, so STOP already! Does everyone in these forums have to always outdo everyone else? Does everyone need proven wrong all the time? Now I remember why I took a year long break from this place. It's maddening how some threads can grow into such crap!

I guess you must be talking about crap like this, huh?

|
    Mark as:
    May 3, 2012 11:43 PM   in reply to pf22

Exactly! Since Noel was the OP of that thread, my comment was an inside joke between him and I.

I suggest you know ones context next time before you come so late into the game trying to call someone out (especially me).

-- my last reply on this thread...

|
    Mark as:
  • Pierre Courtejoie
    7,038 posts
    Jan 11, 2006
    May 4, 2012 2:04 AM   in reply to pat agonia

IMHO, off-topic is ok, especially if the main question is answered and all the posts are well-spirited. So please cool down. Of course there is always the louge for totally off topic threads.

|
    Mark as:
  • Noel Carboni
    23,455 posts
    Dec 23, 2006
    May 4, 2012 5:09 AM   in reply to Shan-Dysigns

Shan-Dysigns wrote:

It's maddening

Are you here serving a sentence for committing some crime?

Last I looked we're all here voluntarily.

I sense some frustration in your life, Shan.  I'm sorry to hear that's so, but try not to let things get to you.  Life is all fun - if we make it that way. 

-Noel

|
    Mark as:
    May 4, 2012 7:26 PM   in reply to Shan-Dysigns

Shan-Dysigns wrote:

Exactly! Since Noel was the OP of that thread, my comment was an inside joke between him and I.

I suggest you know ones context next time before you come so late into the game trying to call someone out (especially me).

-- my last reply on this thread...

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! Seriously? Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!

Listen sonny, in case no one told you, this is where the grown-ups hang out; it would behove you to remember that and act accordingly.

And next time you decide to make a little "inside joke" - I'm making air-quote signs now - you might want to add a winky or a smiley, just so that people like me who "come so late into the game," and whose powers of telepathy are not as pronounced as they once were, will understand the "context" of the remark, and not think it's a childish, spiteful dig at someone you'd already attacked on another thread. Just sayin'!

|
    Mark as:
    May 5, 2012 12:55 AM   in reply to pf22

I second that.  Inside jokes are annoying on a public forum if they are not called out as such.

|
    Mark as:
    May 5, 2012 2:35 PM   in reply to acresofgreen

Photoshop itself is an inside joke.

|
    Mark as:
1 2 Previous Next
Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)