Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Bugs?

Apr 28, 2012 9:59 PM

I did a second updated render of my file, on a new computer. But for some reason horizontal lines which appeared on the wall blinds in a scene( which dissappeared on my first render) appeared on my second render. I rendered them on the same settings, and the lines aren't on the original footage, just on the timeline.

Also,because my computer only renders in peices I need to reimport in chunks then render the whole. When I reimport rendered peices, they always show up on the timeline oversized and I need to size them down.

When I go to use encore, the full length file- in mpeg2dvd- Itwon't recognize the video file when I import it.but it will recognize the audio file. No will any of my DVD burning programs recognize the video file to burn it.

Any ideas?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 28, 2012 10:22 PM   in reply to Johnrh76

Not "bugs".

Sounds like a combination of in experience, operstor error and system issues.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 29, 2012 3:02 PM   in reply to Johnrh76

Without standing over your shoulder to see exactly what you're doing, it can be very difficult for us to point out what you're doing wrong.

|
    Mark as:
    May 3, 2012 10:07 AM   in reply to Johnrh76

General wisdom is not to import your exports for further reuse unless they're lossless.

|
    Mark as:
    May 2, 2012 8:56 PM   in reply to Johnrh76

Do you know what the inexperience or errors are?

Yes.  Sounds like you are exporting "chunks" of your timeline because your system can not handle larger "chunks"...then you are reimporting these compressed chunks and re exporting them with other "chunks".

Basically ...you are recompressing  already compressed footage.  This will create a generational loss of quality.

You asked the question ..."Bugs?"

I replied ..

Not "bugs".

Sounds like a combination of in experience, operstor error and system issues.

|
    Mark as:
    May 5, 2012 1:15 PM   in reply to Johnrh76

For the Error Compiling Movie, this ARTICLE might be useful.

For using intermediate files, this ARTICLE might help.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    May 6, 2012 7:59 AM   in reply to Johnrh76

Using a lossless CODEC for intermediate files (either way) is a very good workflow. I would test both of the ones listed in that article, as some have found that for their material, one is a bit better, than the other, though I believe that the consensus is that both are much better, than other CODEC's. Note: the files WILL be large, but smaller, and easier to use, than Uncompressed. Both decode and encode quite quickly, and on a well-designed, maintained system, should not even be noticed.

As for CODEC's, I am anal about them. I ONLY install the exact one(s), that I need, when I need it/them. I also try to go to the "source," even if that one is for $, and there are other "free" versions out there. Both Lagarith and UT are free, and the URL's in the article should take you to the "source."

I never install any CODEC "pack," unless it comes from a very trused source, such as MicroSoft (once MS included all of their CODEC's in the OS install and updates, but with Vista, they stopped that, and for certain versions of the OS, required that the user download and install THEIR CODEC pack.) Not exactly sure which ones are currently included in Win7 versions.

Many/most of the free CODEC packs contain "stuff," that is not needed, and can be highly problematic. Many/most contain hacked, or reverse-engineered versions of commercial CODEC's, and will overwrite the "good" ones, with "weaker" ones. That is one reason that Adobe "hides" their MainConcept CODEC's - so that they do not get overwritten. However, some CODEC packs will change the priority of a good, commercial CODEC, to be lower, than their version. I swear them off, like a plague, though a few users have had good results, and give high recommendations.

CODEC's are the "building blocks" of AV files, and are very necessary. However, they are almost a lifetime's study, and especially as so many camera mfgrs. love to tweak existing CODEC's. One does need to learn quite a bit about them, and then try to stay somewhat current, but they can never know everything, especially as next month, there will probably be some changes. For some background, this ARTICLE might be useful, but it in no way covers all CODEC's, or all there is to know about any CODEC's.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    May 6, 2012 8:46 AM   in reply to Johnrh76

This is getting nowhere without some basic info.

What is your source: height, width, extension and codec?

What are your sequence settings?

Is it for DVD or web or both?

What are your export settings?

What are your pc specs?

Which version of Premiere are you using?

|
    Mark as:
    May 7, 2012 2:07 AM   in reply to Johnrh76

Did you install a codecpack?

|
    Mark as:
    May 7, 2012 8:47 AM   in reply to Johnrh76

Well there is your problem: codec packs are well know for there destructive nature.

Even if you deinstalled there is always something left behind.

Complete reinstall aswel as the OS is in order to get rid of the 'bug'!

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points