Skip navigation
Unregistered_User
Currently Being Moderated

I think I installed a pirated copy of CS5.1 Extended and now my purchased Elements 10 don't work!

May 2, 2012 9:25 PM

So yeah, that's right. I admitted to a crime. Wanna fight about it?

I didn't know that it wasn't a legitimate copy. So now my purchased copies for Adobe Photoshop Elements 10 and Adobe Premier Elements 10 don't work! I tried restoring to a previous point, using a forced uninstall program that cleans the registry. I uninstalled my Elements copies, and when I reinstall them they don't show up in the start menu. I tried using the Adobe cleaner tool. I really do not want to use my restore DVD's for this laptop.

Help!

I can provide the Serial Numbers, and the codes on the DVD's put on the clear ring of the DVD, a copy of the purchase...etc.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 3, 2012 3:30 AM   in reply to Unregistered_User

Thj products do not interact in any way, so whether or not this CS5.1 install was legit is pretty irrelevant. You did, however, not provide any info about your system, so I'm afraid that regardless of this, we still can't help you. We need much more info about operating system, hardware specs and whatnot. Also seeing install logs might help...

Mylenium

|
    Mark as:
    May 3, 2012 1:00 PM   in reply to Unregistered_User

The cleaner log is of no use. We need your install logs.

Mylenium

|
    Mark as:
    May 3, 2012 2:49 PM   in reply to Unregistered_User

|
    Mark as:
    May 3, 2012 4:18 PM   in reply to Unregistered_User

strange , Okay lets do it this way,

Uninstall your Photoshop and PEPE 10 ,

Install your PEPE 10 and check is it working fine,

Now If it is working fine then install your PS CS5.1 .

|
    Mark as:
    May 4, 2012 12:19 PM   in reply to Unregistered_User

If the Installer has stated and failed at the "Shared Technologies" then for sure the Installation log would have been created :-

Please check again..

|
    Mark as:
    May 4, 2012 9:10 PM   in reply to Unregistered_User

See you helped us, and we are helping you....

check this link:- http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/install-log-error-validate-li cense.html

|
    Mark as:
    May 5, 2012 4:49 PM   in reply to Unregistered_User

Have you run a virus scan or checked for malware?  I have been watching this thread for awhile and you are certainly highly at risk for either of these when installing pirated software.  It could also help explain why the great solutions provided by Mylenium and Manish_1988 have been unsuccessful.

|
    Mark as:
    May 5, 2012 5:45 PM   in reply to Unregistered_User

Ok it would still be worthwhile to check for viruses or malware.  You may have become inflected through something else besides Photoshop CS5.1.  You should do this anyway to help ensure that when you reinstall you don't move a virus or malware onto the fresh installation.

|
    Mark as:
    May 5, 2012 8:47 PM   in reply to Unregistered_User

One heck of a guy here......!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IP cannot be blacklisted by Adobe....installation has nothing to relate to internet except the activation part.

Its strange that Adobe support Advisor picked the error however there is no log file, as if I know the ASA pick the summary from the log file only...

without substantial info it would be hit and try only.

Lets see:-

1) Craete a new user account and try and install the software in it.

2) Enable hidden account and try and install in it.(google to know the method of Enabling hidden admin account)

3) If you could do the system restore and then check.

|
    Mark as:
    May 5, 2012 9:19 PM   in reply to Unregistered_User

I am out of the Idea ....no install log , I was playing blind and now its jeff turn.

|
    Mark as:
    May 5, 2012 9:26 PM   in reply to Unregistered_User

You really don't need to bring your sex life in here, then report users that try to help you over perceived insults!

Abusive reporting will get you banned from these forums.

|
    Mark as:
    May 5, 2012 11:07 PM   in reply to Unregistered_User

No offence , but we are not Adobe employee , we are user like you who try and help people out here.

We are not marketing nor providing customer service we just sharing the knoweldge we have, what pat said is just a statement to tell you to keep this thread to your issue not to drag your personal stuff.

We have tried helping you and make software work for you ,but unfortunatly nothing worked

better to contact Adobe support and seek help from there , they are expert and will be able to help you.

|
    Mark as:
    May 6, 2012 1:48 AM   in reply to Manish-Sharma

OMG! You guys try to help someone and then he insults you. Unbelievable.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points