I have the student edition of CS5 standard and wish to upgrade this to CS5.5 Standard - but the commercial edition
I can't get ANY help from adobe live chat and can't ring through to support as I don't have a landline - and the website says nothing about moving from a studnt license to a commercial one
can anyone tell me how to do this, as I think I may be overcomplicating the process in my head
and also how much it will cost (I have a figure of £386.53 in my head for a normal upgrade, but fear it will be different as I own a student edition)
I don't want to just go ahead and purchase the standard upgrade if I find it is rendered useless and uncompatible with my current student edition of the software
Thanks for your help
Academic versions carry fully upgrade rights to commercial versions. If you're going to do this do it very, very quickly.
If you buy CS5.5 before Monday you'll get CS6 for free. If you wait, you'll have to buy CS6 and it will cost more...or you could go to Creative Cloud.
Thanks for the reply Bob, that clears a few things up, but I won't be recieving this student license for around a month - as I'm away from my place of study until June
If I bought the upgrade and waited until I had cs5 installed and licensed then did the upgrade to cs5.5 commercial in a months time, would the free upgrade to cs6 still apply?
it sounds very sketchy I know - but this offer is too good to miss and it's come at a tricky time
Assuming you have a legal academic CS5 license, then yes, it should be fine. Note: I do not work for Adobe and I certainly wouldn't try to activate the CS5.5 license without have that legal CS5.
No no of course, it will be a completely legal license, I'm going through all the right protocol but I was just wondering if the time gap between purchase and install would void my entitlement to the CS6 upgrade
Thanks for your help Bob
Presuming this e-mail will contain a coupon of some kind, do you think this coupon will expire, this is my issue
as I won't be ugrading to CS5.5 until early june but if I go ahead I will be purchasing the ugrade today/tomorrow
so you would suggest downloading the dmg when it first becomes availabe and keeping it safe?
and straight after purchase of cs5.5 the intructions become available? you don't need to register cs5.5 for the link for cs6 to be sent to you?
Europe, Middle East and Africa