Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Shockwave Crash in Chrome

New Here ,
May 03, 2012 May 03, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Everyone,

Since yesterday I have been experiencing constant crashes of Shockwave Flash Plugin. As a pensioner I am not too experienced with computers but have had great support here in the past! Can anyone help with this?

I have disabled hardware acceleration to no effect.  Flash Player Version is 11.2.202.235 and Chrome is up to date (18.0.1025.168). I have a Dell Inspiron 545. Windows 7 ( 32-bit) Pentium(R) Dual-Core CPU  E5300  @ 2.60GHz   RAM 3.00GB.

Many thanks,

Brian.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User

In Google Chrome, Flash player is not a plugin. Instead, it's intergrated into the browser itself and updates automatically in the background.

You need to check the Google database for clues to the problem which you can find here: Google Chrome Known Issues

If you can't resolve the problem, post your questions on the Google Chrome Help forums, link at the foot of the above page because the Adobe forums where you are now only handle issues that are concerned with the Flash plugin.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Google Chrome, Flash player is not a plugin. Instead, it's intergrated into the browser itself and updates automatically in the background.

You need to check the Google database for clues to the problem which you can find here: Google Chrome Known Issues

If you can't resolve the problem, post your questions on the Google Chrome Help forums, link at the foot of the above page because the Adobe forums where you are now only handle issues that are concerned with the Flash plugin.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Xircal,

Have had a look at the Google Chrome Help Forum. Oh dear!!! Seems an awful lot of people are having the same problem! Guess I will just have to be patient. Anyway, thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you type "about:flash" in Chrome's address bar and then paste the contents of the page in a reply?  If you have crash reporting enabled, we'll be able to see the crash id's and I can also try and follow up internally.

Thanks,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 04, 2012 May 04, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Chris,

I have pasted below what I hope you are looking for. As I mentioned, I have enabled crash reporting but nothing seems to show up. Many thanks for your help.

Brian.

About Flash

Google Chrome18.0.1025.168 (m)
OSWindows 7 SP1
Flash plugin11,2,202,235 C:\Users\Brian\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\Application\18.0.1025.168\gcswf32.dll
--- Crash data ---
--- GPU information ---
Graphics cardIntel(R) G33/G31 Express Chipset Family
Driver display nameigdumdx32.dll
Driver name (strong)oem3.inf:Intel.Mfg:iBLB0:8.15.10.1930:pci\ven_8086&dev_29c2
--- GPU driver, more information ---
Vendor Id0x8086
Device Id0x29c2
Driver vendorIntel Corporation
Driver version8.15.10.1930
Driver date9-23-2009
Pixel shader version2.0
Vertex shader version0.0
GL version
GL_VENDOR
GL_RENDERER
GL_VERSION
GL_EXTENSIONS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Brian.  Could you post a screenshot the next time it crashes?  I want to make sure I understand the type of crash you're getting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Will do Chris, but surprisingly I have not experienced another crash since yesterday!!! Perhaps it has taken fright at your arrival. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines