Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Shockwave Crash in Chrome

May 3, 2012 3:48 AM

Hi Everyone,

Since yesterday I have been experiencing constant crashes of Shockwave Flash Plugin. As a pensioner I am not too experienced with computers but have had great support here in the past! Can anyone help with this?

I have disabled hardware acceleration to no effect.  Flash Player Version is 11.2.202.235 and Chrome is up to date (18.0.1025.168). I have a Dell Inspiron 545. Windows 7 ( 32-bit) Pentium(R) Dual-Core CPU  E5300  @ 2.60GHz   RAM 3.00GB.

Many thanks,

Brian.

Replies
  • Xircal
    753 posts
    Mar 29, 2011
    May 3, 2012 4:38 AM   in reply to Saved_n_kept

In Google Chrome, Flash player is not a plugin. Instead, it's intergrated into the browser itself and updates automatically in the background.

You need to check the Google database for clues to the problem which you can find here: Google Chrome Known Issues

If you can't resolve the problem, post your questions on the Google Chrome Help forums, link at the foot of the above page because the Adobe forums where you are now only handle issues that are concerned with the Flash plugin.

|
    Mark as:
  • Chris Campbell
    9,456 posts
    May 4, 2010
    May 3, 2012 4:52 PM   in reply to Saved_n_kept

Can you type "about:flash" in Chrome's address bar and then paste the contents of the page in a reply?  If you have crash reporting enabled, we'll be able to see the crash id's and I can also try and follow up internally.

Thanks,

Chris

|
    Mark as:
  • Chris Campbell
    9,456 posts
    May 4, 2010
    May 4, 2012 4:56 PM   in reply to Saved_n_kept

Thanks Brian.  Could you post a screenshot the next time it crashes?  I want to make sure I understand the type of crash you're getting.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points