Skip navigation
-=Deus=-
Currently Being Moderated

Future of Cairngorm 3

Mar 21, 2012 7:24 AM

Hi,

I'm wondering, what is the future of this project. Will it be moved to Apache as well or someone at Adobe will continue the development?

I'm sure that this project helped many developers to solve common problems so it shouldn't be abandoned. And its integration with enterprise frameworks such as Parsley was just great. However, while these frameworks continue to develop, Cairngorm hasn't been updated for a number of months. Will it be developed further?

Thanks.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 3, 2012 5:15 AM   in reply to -=Deus=-

I personally stopped contributing to Cairngorm a few month ago and I did not see any code commit nor patches, nor other type of contribution sent through.

If anybody wants to commit/contribute, please raise your hand ! I'll see what I can do to help (i.e. give you the keys and let you drive... :-))

Now as for moving from http://sourceforge.net/adobe/cairngorm/ to the Apache foundation, we would need a lot more active contributers... as it would require quite some work...

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 29, 2012 3:56 AM   in reply to François Le Droff

I would also be interested in taking it over to Apache. I'm willing to commit/contribute for the parsley implementations - not sure about swiz.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 29, 2012 4:41 AM   in reply to John Cunliffe

+1

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 29, 2012 5:11 AM   in reply to John Cunliffe

No need for a move to the Apache foundation for you to contribute :-)

If you have to commit, update jira with your features/bug fixe and send us patches

then .. eventually we could give you svn code commit privilege.

Cheers,

François

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points