Skip navigation
tamikk
Currently Being Moderated

Any way to disable pen pressure in Illustrator?

May 2, 2012 3:29 PM

I know a lot of people can't get the tablet pen pressure to work with Illustrator, but I can't get the stupid thing TURNED OFF. I'm using Illustrator CS4 and Wacom Bamboo tablet, and NEED to make lines with the brush tool of consistent thickness. The brushes I'm using I have downloaded and are in large quantity, so adjusting them each individually (if that's even possible) is out of the question. There's this handy option in Photoshop to turn off pen pressure, and I'm hoping it would be in Illustrator also. I have searched everywhere and have found no solution! Do we not have this toggle as an option for Illustrator? Am I overlooking it? Or is this a Wacom feature? Pulling my hair out here, guys

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 2, 2012 3:32 PM   in reply to tamikk

I dont' have a Bamboo, but I do have an Intuos. Pressure in Illustrator is brush dependent. There's no global option for pressure. Each brush is set independently.

I also don't know the Wacom options for the Bamboo, but with the Intuos you can adjust the Wacom Preferences per-application and simply set hte Intuos to not use pressure in Illustrator.

|
    Mark as:
    May 2, 2012 4:11 PM   in reply to tamikk

Just double click the brush in the brush panel and change any of the menus that say Pressure to Fixed.

I'm surprised that in your tablet's preferences there is no option to use the pen in mouse mode.

|
    Mark as:
    May 3, 2012 7:44 AM   in reply to tamikk

Mouse mode.

|
    Mark as:
    May 3, 2012 9:02 AM   in reply to Jacob Bugge

I believe that is "mouser" mode.

|
    Mark as:
    May 3, 2012 3:46 PM   in reply to Larry G. Schneider

A mouser has many modes, Larry.

This may be the default mode for most, including the Chief Mouser to the Cabinet Office.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points