• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Download Assistant appears to be completely useless

New Here ,
Mar 01, 2012 Mar 01, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm just trying to get a trial of CS5.5, and when it launches, it asks me to sign in. I do that, and then the sign in button, and the box just stays greyed out. It doesn't appear to be downloading anything.

When I try to close, it still won't go away, so I always end up having to force quit. Do I really need to resort to using pixelmator?

Screen Shot 2012-03-01 at 10.04.55 PM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 02, 2012 Mar 02, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 02, 2012 May 02, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been trying to get mine to work for 4 days. I have spent 5+ hours installing, un-installing, and re-installing all of the necessary applications and programs. If someone has an answer to this question that is not found on the support/troubleshooting I would be delighted. I have had no luck in finding an acceptable answer, I mostly just keep getting referred to the troubleshooting pages and support forums, which have given me nothing. I feel like I am going around in circles. My brower downloads other programs perfectly fine, so there is obviously no error on my end. Thanks Adobe, for wasting my time and computer space with your useless Download Assistant. I have not heard one positive comment on the new Download Assistant.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 02, 2012 May 02, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At my end it has always worked fine , nothing is perfect so is it.

If you could tell us your isseu we can try and help you , 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 03, 2012 May 03, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have been assisting Camrose1991 in http://forums.adobe.com/message/4375731#4375731.  They do have a unique error though in the fact that they are unable to get past the licensing agreement when installing the Adobe Download Assistant.  Have suggested trying a different user account.  Beyond that could also try a selective startup but might be more effective to just by pass the ADA and use the direct download link instructions which I have also provided.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines