Skip navigation
jansencudal
Currently Being Moderated

Scrolling down a pdf with the down arrow key ...

Apr 30, 2012 4:46 PM

Tags: #pdf #page_scrolling

Hello,

I have a 20 page newsletter pdf with about 12 articles. At the top of the first page there's our text logo, and just below it is a table of contents compiled using table of contents styles (btw this pdf was compiled in Indesign 5.5) and just below that is the first article, then below that, the second.. and so on. At the bottom of each page there's a "return to the table of contents" button that shoots the reader back up to the TOC on the first page when clicked, in addition to a page number. There is also a header with the name of the publication and issue number..

the problem I'm having is, when scrolling through the first article on the first page with the down arrow key, once I get to the bottom of the first page, the cursor then shoots back up to the table of contents. WHat I would like it to do is just scroll down to the next page. Once I get to the bottom of the first page the second time, the cursor jumps down to the bottom of the second page, straight to the page number, a few more taps of the down arrow key takes the cursor up to the header on page 2

I'd like the down arrow scrolling to just go through the articles and skip the page numbers and other header/footer items. Any thoughts? Should I take my question to the InDesign forums? Thanks in advanced

-J

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 2, 2012 12:51 PM   in reply to jansencudal

That behavior is controlled when Scrolling is selected from the Page Display Toolbar.

AA Page Display Icons.png

You might want it defined in the Document Properties > Initial View, but I am not certain if it is a choice. Experiment with the options.

I am not familair with Javascript in pdf, but that might set the control.

AA Initial View.png

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points