Skip navigation
MattTheKing
Currently Being Moderated

Encore Text Button Highlight Issues

May 3, 2012 10:34 AM

Tags: #buttons #blu-ray #encore #bluray #menus #encore_cs5

I'm creating a Blu-Ray menu for a blu-ray disc I want to burn and I'm having some issues with highlighting buttons.

The menu was screen was created by the client in Adobe Photoshop and I went in and made the text turn into buttons. I created a group folder for each button and added the + in brackets like usual then from there put the = 1 in brackets in the text layer. I did this for each button. I have a total of 6 buttons on the menu.

The first time I brought it into Encore, 3 about of the 6 buttons didn't show up until I previewed the menu and scanned over them with my mouse. I then came up with the idea of having the standard text showing (normal colour) and have the 'button' version underneath (text colour changed to yellow) which would highlight when scrolled over. Screen shot 2012-05-03 at 1.22.59 PM.png

It seemed like everything was fine after that. The three buttons I couldn't see before were now visable and when I scrolled over them they changed colour. I thought great! Now the other 3 buttons should work too ... but it didn't. I can see the text of the buttons, when I click on the button in the preview it goes to the right video, but it doesn't highlight the text when I scroll across it like the others.

In the picture above, the buttons titled Play Film, Behind The Scenes, & Trailer. The none working buttons are: The Making Of, Teaser, and another one not shown. All the groups are exactly the same except for the name of the button.

I came across the "create text subpicture" and when I did that, in the preview it created the button with the same text but it was being cut off and not aligned at all with the original text.

Is there something I'm doing wrong? Or something I should change?

I'm running a MAC Desktop Computer OSX 10.6.8

Photoshop CS5.1

Encore CS5.1

Thank you for any help.

Matt

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 3, 2012 10:59 AM   in reply to MattTheKing

Move the text layer without the =1 under the layer with it. Your plain text won't go away when the highlight should be visible.

|
    Mark as:
    May 3, 2012 12:26 PM   in reply to MattTheKing

Ha,ha! I totally overlooked the ones that weren't =1! My screen is beig enough, but the image is still too small.

Right, only =1 through =3. And =3 is a workaround for macs.

|
    Mark as:
    May 4, 2012 12:29 AM   in reply to MattTheKing

MattTheKing wrote:

it doesn't seem to like =4 =5 =6 ....

The (=1), (=2) and (=3) are the highlight numbers for the three button state.

(=1) = it is for the normal button state (i.e. when it is neither selected nor activated)

(=2) = it is for the selected state

(=3) = it is for the activated state

Now after that there are not states of the button that is considered in En. That is why it didn't like the number (=4) and so on.

-Ramesh.

|
    Mark as:
    May 5, 2012 12:06 AM   in reply to ram8kumar

ram8kumar wrote:

MattTheKing wrote:

it doesn't seem to like =4 =5 =6 ....

The (=1), (=2) and (=3) are the highlight numbers for the three button state.

(=1) = it is for the normal button state (i.e. when it is neither selected nor activated)

(=2) = it is for the selected state

(=3) = it is for the activated state

I am sorry, I just messed up the technicality of the issue while trying to be simple in my description. The (=1) etc are the color sets for the respective three states of the highlights. They are not the highlight numbers.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points