Skip navigation
Seano7200
Currently Being Moderated

Is Encore CS5/6 capable of switching between PAL and NTSC as project types?

May 2, 2012 1:33 PM

Tags: #switch #dvd #project #pal #ntsc #standard #television

I am very well aware of the need to use differently-encoded video media and menu backgrounds for PAL and NTSC projects, and have already encoded both PAL and NTSC files.  However, what doesn't have to change between the two projects are the numerous menus, custom button routing and all the AC3 Dolby audio files for 7 languages that are already in my NTSC Encore 5 project.  What I want to know is this: is there any way to switch Encore from NTSC to PAL in an existing project file?  I've tried the 'television standard' switch under 'project settings' but it is always grey, even on brand new Encore projects with no media.  I fiddled with the words 'NTSC' and 'PAL' in the ProjectMedia.acx file to see if that would help but it didn't seem to have much visible effect.  I just need to know if this is impossible, including in the new Encore CS6?  I would rather not re-build an entire new project with everything the same but my media files and menu backgrounds, but need to know if I will have to.

Thanks,

Sean

Replies

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points