Skip navigation
tessarice30
Currently Being Moderated

Trouble opening files from LR3 to CS4, desaturation occurring.

May 3, 2012 10:37 AM

I upgraded from LR2 to 3 a while ago, and recently, I've had an odd problem opening my lightly edited files into CS4.  I just do command E on my mac, and they open right into CS4.  When the image(s) open, they almost seem completely desaturated?  I shoot a nikon D700, raw, copy the NEF files into LR3 upon import, do light edits in LR (white balance, recovery, tone curve, some adjustment brush...) and then will open selected files into CS4 for futher tweaking.  Any idea why these images are doing this?  If I go back into lightroom and "reset all settings" and then open, the images open fine.  Help, i'm about to pull my hair out!!!

Here is a screen shot showing the image in LR (left) and then how it opens in CS4.

Thank you in advance for your help!  I'm currently running version 3.6 of lightroom and 11.0.2 of CS4

Screen shot 2012-03-13 at 9.44.11 PM.png

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 3, 2012 10:56 AM   in reply to tessarice30

Looks to me like PS is opening the files in AdobeRGB colorspace, that'd do it

|
    Mark as:
    May 3, 2012 1:00 PM   in reply to tessarice30

The question is if LR's adjustments are handed over to PS?

Normally I would expect some dialog asking you if you want to render with LR adjustments or not. Maybe you have switched off those dialogs?

Then it might be a question of matching ACR-versions between Lightroom and Photoshop:

I am not familiar with CS4, but LR3 matches with CS5 (i.e. ACR 6.x), LR4 with CS6 (i.e. ACR 7.x. or 6.7 of CS5)

So it could be that your CS4 does not know the ACR-version used by LR3, hence can only open without LR3's develop settings.

CS4 matched with LR2.

If you need to stick with CS4, you may need to switch the dialogs back on and let LR3 render a TIFF for hand-over to CS4.

Should you dislike that, upgrade Photoshop... but then maybe to really current versions, so LR4-CS6 ?

Cornelia

|
    Mark as:
    May 4, 2012 12:16 AM   in reply to tessarice30

I bet your Photoshop color rmanagement policy is set to Off, when it should be Preserve.

cm_policy.jpg

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points