Skip navigation
jamaio
Currently Being Moderated

How, exactly, do I share a work in progress with a non-cloud client?

May 3, 2012 11:23 AM

If I'm working on a project and need client approval for steps along the way, how do I send the work to a client using the cloud. I've used YouSendIt.com, and now DropBox, to do this. Is there a "share" feature where I can let the client see only pertinent work and nothing else?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 3, 2012 12:45 PM   in reply to jamaio

I have been testing this out and what you do is click on share, write in what ever you want and then click share link, then write in what ever you want in the message and type in the email address of who you want to share with. Right now the problem I see with this is that anyone who finds the link can view the file. It seems you can't password protect it.  My clients won't like that.  Hopefully the changes that are being made will address this issue. But the client no one else can see any of your other files swithout you sharing them.

Also it seems at the moment the share link does not send an email to who you want it to be shared with. I take it this is because they are doing changes and this will be fixed. Here is an example of what I am talking about: https://creative.adobe.com/share/82d9f100-24dd-4f9d-8be9-152dbf867d12

|
    Mark as:
    May 3, 2012 2:38 PM   in reply to jamaio

Jamalo, Best of luck. Like I said I can't get the share link to send email to the person I want to share with. Hopefully this is because Adobe is in the process of upgrading. If you can get it to work please let me know.

|
    Mark as:
    May 3, 2012 3:05 PM   in reply to jamaio

After reading your post I just tried the email in share link and it now works.  I would also like to be able to get an email informing me when a client makes a comment.  I guess we will just have to wait and see how all this really works once the new creative cloud is released. I don't know how much longer I can wait in making my decision on what cloud service to use.

|
    Mark as:
    May 4, 2012 10:46 AM   in reply to craigget1

I signed up for the cloud.  I have uploaded files into a collection.  Cannot figure out where the share link is.  Also is this cloud different from the Carousel?  I don't see files I shared with Revel.

|
    Mark as:
    May 4, 2012 10:52 AM   in reply to paulalynnlarson

I forgot to mention that I wanted to share the collection.  I can share individual pictures but can't figure out how to share the collection

|
    Mark as:
    May 4, 2012 11:06 AM   in reply to paulalynnlarson

Sharing a collection is not yet available.

|
    Mark as:
    May 4, 2012 11:58 AM   in reply to paulalynnlarson

Paula, To share the file you have to open it online. And it is my understanding some file formats are not yet supported. All this will change when the new creative cloud is launched. Anyway if you can click on the file and it opens. To the right will be a link called share options. Click on that then click on share and the rest will be obvious. Hope this helps but remember it is going to be different once the new creative cloud is launched.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points