Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Buying Error through Adobe's Site for Special Pricing

Apr 30, 2012 4:27 PM

Tags: #error #creative #cloud #pricing #purchase

Going to this page: https://creativecloud-specialoffer.adobe.com/special-offer/?loc=en_US

after I login and it tells me I am qualified for the special pricing and then click the Buy button, I am taken to a crazy ColdFusion Error page. This does not fill me with confidence about your Cloud offering, Adobe, if you can't even get your own website to function correctly. I get the error page in ALL browsers on Mac OS X.

Just a sample of the error:

Detail

If the component name is specified as a return type, its possible that a definition file for the component cannot be found or is not accessible.

ErrorCode

[empty string]

ExtendedInfo

[empty string]

?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <exceptions DETAIL="If the component name is specified as a return type, its possible that a definition file for the component cannot be found or is not accessible." ERRORCODE="" EXTENDEDINFO="" LOC_ERR_MSG="There was a problem in the store. If you wish to complete your purchase immediately, please call <%csPhoneNumber%>." MESSAGE="The value returned from the loadCart function is not of type store.model.cart.cart." TITLE="Error" TYPE="store.model.cart.cart"/

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 1, 2012 12:23 PM   in reply to chirp88

Thanks for reporting this Chirp88, I was seeing the same behavior on Mac myself, but only in Chrome, Firefox and Safari were working okay for me. I reported the issue to get it fixed.

-Dave

|
    Mark as:
    May 1, 2012 12:59 PM   in reply to chirp88

I also encountered this error a few minutes ago, using Safari on a Mac running the latest updates of Lion. I found this thread through Googling.

DId Apple's latest updates break Java or Cold Fusion??

Here is text from the PDF I captured of the error page:

"  struct

Detail                     If the component name is specified as a return type, its possible that a definition file for the component cannot be found or is not accessible.

ErrorCode                [empty string]

ExtendedInfo    [empty string]

Message                <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <exceptions DETAIL="If the component name is specified as a return type, its possible that a definition file for the component cannot be found or is not accessible." ERRORCODE="" EXTENDEDINFO="" LOC_ERR_MSG="There was a problem in the store. If you wish to complete your purchase immediately, please call <%csPhoneNumber%>." MESSAGE="The value returned from the loadCart function is not of type store.model.cart.cart." TITLE="Error" TYPE="store.model.cart.cart"/>

StackTrace                coldfusion.runtime.CustomException: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <exceptions DETAIL="If the component name is specified as a return type, its possible that a definition file for the component cannot be found or is not accessible." ERRORCODE="" EXTENDEDINFO="" LOC_ERR_MSG="There was a problem in the store. If you wish to complete your purchase immediately, please call

<%csPhoneNumber%>." MESSAGE="The value returned from the loadCart function is not of type store.model.cart.cart." TITLE="Error" TYPE="store.model.cart.cart"/> at coldfusion.tagext.lang.ThrowTag.doStartTag(ThrowTag.java:142) at coldfusion.runtime.CfJspPage._emptyTcfTag(CfJspPage.java:2714) at cfexception2ecfc2045233600$funcTHROWEXCEPTION.runFunction(/data/www/a ppserver/cfmx/extensions/components/lib/exception.cfc:248) at coldfusion.runtime.UDFMethod.invoke(UDFMethod.java:470) at coldfusion.filter.SilentFilter.invoke(SilentFilter.java:47) at coldfusion.runtime.UDFMethod$ReturnTypeFilter.invoke(UDFMethod.java:4 03)  at coldfusion.runtime.UDFMethod$ArgumentCollectionFilter.invoke(UDFMetho d.java:366)  at coldfusion.filter.FunctionAccessFilter.invoke(FunctionAccessFilter.ja va:55)  at

coldfusion.runtime.UDFMethod.runFilterChain(UDFMethod.java:319) at coldfusion.runtime.UDFMethod.invoke(UDFMethod.java:219) at coldfusion.runtime.TemplateProxy.invoke(TemplateProxy.java:481) at coldfusion.runtime.TemplateProxy.invoke(TemplateProxy.java:327) at coldfusion.runtime.CfJspPage._invoke(CfJspPage.java:2352) at cfexception2ecfc719703743$funcTHROWEXCEPTION.runFunction(/data/www/ap pserver/cfmx/extensions/components/store/model/util/exception.cfc:151) at coldfusion.runtime.UDFMethod.invoke(UDFMethod.java:470) at coldfusion.runtime.UDFMethod$ArgumentCollectionFilter.invoke(UDFMetho d.java:366)  at coldfusion.filter.FunctionAccessFilter.invoke(FunctionAccessFilter.ja va:55)  at coldfusion.runtime.UDFMethod.runFilterChain(UDFMethod.java:319) at coldfusion.runtime.UDFMethod.invoke(UDFMethod.java:219) at coldfusion.runtime.TemplateProxy.invoke(TemplateProxy.java:481) at coldfusion.runtime.TemplateProxy.invoke(TemplateProxy.java:327) at coldfusion.runtime.CfJspPage._invoke(CfJspPage.java:2352) at cfservicehelper2ecfc1481341786$funcTHROWEXCEPTION.runFunction(/data/w ww/appserver/cfmx/wwwroot/store/services/stateless/servicehelper.cfc:3 93) at coldfusion.runtime.UDFMethod.invoke(UDFMethod.java:470) at coldfusion.filter.SilentFilter.invoke(SilentFilter.java:47) at coldfusion.runtime.UDFMethod$ReturnTypeFilter.invoke(UDFMethod.java:4 03)  at coldfusion.runtime.UDFMethod$ArgumentCollectionFilter.invoke(UDFMetho d.java:366)  at coldfusion.filter.FunctionAccessFilter.invoke(FunctionAccessFilter.ja va:55)  at coldfusion.runtime.UDFMethod.runFilterChain(UDFMethod.java:319) at coldfusion.runtime.UDFMethod.invoke(UDFMethod.java:515) at coldfusion.runtime.TemplateProxy.invoke(TemplateProxy.java:486) at coldfusion.runtime.TemplateProxy.invoke(TemplateProxy.java:345) at coldfusion.runtime.CfJspPage._invoke(CfJspPage.java:2293) at cfcartservice2ecfc822615468$funcADDCARTITEM.runFunction(/data/www/app server/cfmx/wwwroot/store/services/stateless/cartservice.cfc:216) at coldfusion.runtime.UDFMethod.invoke(UDFMethod.java:470) at coldfusion.filter.SilentFilter.invoke(SilentFilter.java:47) at coldfusion.runtime.UDFMethod$ReturnTypeFilter.invoke(UDFMethod.java:4 03)  at coldfusion.runtime.UDFMethod$ArgumentCollectionFilter.invoke(UDFMetho d.java:366)  at coldfusion.filter.FunctionAccessFilter.invoke(FunctionAccessFilter.ja va:55)  at coldfusion.runtime.UDFMethod.runFilterChain(UDFMethod.java:319) at coldfusion.runtime.UDFMethod.invoke(UDFMethod.java:515) at coldfusion.runtime.TemplateProxy.invoke(TemplateProxy.java:486) at coldfusion.runtime.TemplateProxy.invoke(TemplateProxy.java:345) at coldfusion.runtime.CfJspPage._invoke(CfJspPage.java:2293) at cfshoppingservice2ecfc646407067$funcADDCARTITEM.runFunction(/data/www /appserver/cfmx/wwwroot/store/services/stateless/shoppingservice.cfc:2 03) at coldfusion.runtime.UDFMethod.invoke(UDFMethod.java:470) at coldfusion.filter.SilentFilter.invoke(SilentFilter.java:47) at coldfusion.runtime.UDFMethod$ReturnTypeFilter.invoke(UDFMethod.java:4 03)  at coldfusion.runtime.UDFMethod$ArgumentCollectionFilter.invoke(UDFMetho d.java:366)  at coldfusion.filter.FunctionAccessFilter.invoke(FunctionAccessFilter.ja va:55)  at coldfusion.runtime.UDFMethod.runFilterChain(UDFMethod.java:319) at coldfusion.runtime.UDFMethod.invoke(UDFMethod.java:219) at coldfusion.runtime.TemplateProxy.invoke(TemplateProxy.java:481) at coldfusion.runtime.TemplateProxy.invoke(TemplateProxy.java:327) at coldfusion.runtime.CfJspPage._invoke(CfJspPage.java:2352) at cfaccesscodehandler2ecfc766362327$funcADDPROMOSKUSTOCART.runFunction( /data/www/appserver/cfmx/extensions/components/store/model/campaign/ac cesscodehandler.cfc:84) at coldfusion.runtime.UDFMethod.invoke(UDFMethod.java:470) at coldfusion.filter.SilentFilter.invoke(SilentFilter.java:47) at coldfusion.runtime.UDFMethod$ReturnTypeFilter.invoke(UDFMethod.java:4 03)  at coldfusion.runtime.UDFMethod$ArgumentCollectionFilter.invoke(UDFMetho d.java:366)  at coldfusion.filter.FunctionAccessFilter.invoke(FunctionAccessFilter.ja va:55)  at coldfusion.runtime.UDFMethod.runFilterChain(UDFMethod.java:319) at coldfusion.runtime.UDFMethod.invoke(UDFMethod.java:219) at coldfusion.runtime.CfJspPage._invokeUDF(CfJspPage.java:2574) at cfaccesscodehandler2ecfc766362327$funcREDIRECTTOCART.runFunction(/dat a/www/appserver/cfmx/extensions/components/store/model/campaign/access codehandler.cfc:98) at coldfusion.runtime.UDFMethod.invoke(UDFMethod.java:470) at coldfusion.runtime.UDFMethod$ReturnTypeFilter.invoke(UDFMethod.java:4 03)  at coldfusion.runtime.UDFMethod$ArgumentCollectionFilter.invoke(UDFMetho d.java:366)  at coldfusion.filter.FunctionAccessFilter.invoke(FunctionAccessFilter.ja va:55)  at coldfusion.runtime.UDFMethod.runFilterChain(UDFMethod.java:319) at coldfusion.runtime.UDFMethod.invoke(UDFMethod.java:219) at coldfusion.runtime.CfJspPage._invokeUDF(CfJspPage.java:2574) at cfaccesscodehandler2ecfc766362327$funcHANDLECODE.runFunction(/data/ww w/appserver/cfmx/extensions/components/store/model/campaign/accesscode handler.cfc:37) at coldfusion.runtime.UDFMethod.invoke(UDFMethod.java:470) at coldfusion.filter.SilentFilter.invoke(SilentFilter.java:47) at coldfusion.runtime.UDFMethod$ReturnTypeFilter.invoke(UDFMethod.java:4 03)  at coldfusion.runtime.UDFMethod$ArgumentCollectionFilter.invoke(UDFMetho d.java:366)  at coldfusion.filter.FunctionAccessFilter.invoke(FunctionAccessFilter.ja va:55)  at coldfusion.runtime.UDFMethod.runFilterChain(UDFMethod.java:319) at coldfusion.runtime.UDFMethod.invoke(UDFMethod.java:219) at coldfusion.runtime.TemplateProxy.invoke(TemplateProxy.java:481) at coldfusion.runtime.TemplateProxy.invoke(TemplateProxy.java:327) at coldfusion.runtime.CfJspPage._invoke(CfJspPage.java:2352) at cfApplication2ecfm1919363633.runPage(/data/www/appserver/cfmx/wwwroot /store/Application.cfm:71)  at coldfusion.runtime.CfJspPage.invoke(CfJspPage.java:227) at coldfusion.tagext.lang.IncludeTag.doStartTag(IncludeTag.java:416) at coldfusion.filter.CfincludeFilter.invoke(CfincludeFilter.java:65) at coldfusion.filter.CfincludeFilter.include(CfincludeFilter.java:33) at coldfusion.filter.ApplicationFilter.invoke(ApplicationFilter.java:232 ) at coldfusion.filter.MonitoringFilter.invoke(MonitoringFilter.java:40) at coldfusion.filter.PathFilter.invoke(PathFilter.java:87) at coldfusion.filter.ExceptionFilter.invoke(ExceptionFilter.java:70) at coldfusion.filter.ClientScopePersistenceFilter.invoke(ClientScopePers istenceFilter.java:28)  at coldfusion.filter.BrowserFilter.invoke(BrowserFilter.java:38) at coldfusion.filter.NoCacheFilter.invoke(NoCacheFilter.java:46) at coldfusion.filter.GlobalsFilter.invoke(GlobalsFilter.java:38) at coldfusion.filter.DatasourceFilter.invoke(DatasourceFilter.java:22) at coldfusion.filter.CachingFilter.invoke(CachingFilter.java:53) at coldfusion.CfmServlet.service(CfmServlet.java:200) at coldfusion.bootstrap.BootstrapServlet.service(BootstrapServlet.java:8 9) at jrun.servlet.FilterChain.doFilter(FilterChain.java:86) at coldfusion.monitor.event.MonitoringServletFilter.doFilter(MonitoringS ervletFilter.java:42) at coldfusion.bootstrap.BootstrapFilter.doFilter(BootstrapFilter.java:46 ) at jrun.servlet.FilterChain.doFilter(FilterChain.java:94) at jrun.servlet.FilterChain.service(FilterChain.java:101) at jrun.servlet.ServletInvoker.invoke(ServletInvoker.java:106) at jrun.servlet.JRunInvokerChain.invokeNext(JRunInvokerChain.java:42) at jrun.servlet.JRunRequestDispatcher.invoke(JRunRequestDispatcher.java: 286) at jrun.servlet.ServletEngineService.dispatch(ServletEngineService.java: 543) at jrun.servlet.http.WebService.invokeRunnable(WebService.java:172) at jrunx.scheduler.ThreadPool$DownstreamMetrics.invokeRunnable(ThreadPoo l.java:320)  at jrunx.scheduler.ThreadPool$ThreadThrottle.invokeRunnable(ThreadPool.j ava:428)  at jrunx.scheduler.ThreadPool$UpstreamMetrics.invokeRunnable(ThreadPool. java:266)  at jrunx.scheduler.WorkerThread.run(WorkerThread.java:66)

... etc."

|
    Mark as:
    May 2, 2012 2:00 PM   in reply to Larry Auerbach

Thanks for posting. We are aware of the issue and working to get it resolved. I don't think it is related to any OS or Java updates.

-Dave

|
    Mark as:
    May 2, 2012 9:11 PM   in reply to David__B

Dave, you're welcome. I checked again today, and got the same error page.

|
    Mark as:
    May 3, 2012 12:32 PM   in reply to Larry Auerbach

I heard it should be fixed, are you still seeing the error now?

|
    Mark as:
    May 3, 2012 6:18 PM   in reply to chirp88

hmmm,

I tested in Safari myself based on your response and it seemed to work okay for me, OSX 10.6.8, Safari Version 5.1.2 (6534.52.7)

Maybe check these against yours, I can test in Lion too if needed.

|
    Mark as:
    May 3, 2012 7:50 PM   in reply to chirp88

Since you were using a newer version of Safari I updated mine to see if it made any difference but it didn't.

I had an idea based on your error but its kind of a long shot. It almost sounded like your error was related to not being able to read your location data to show the correct currency type. Try going to the main Adobe page (http://www.adobe.com/) and at the bottom for the region, may say "Choose you region" and try setting this to North America and running through the process again.

|
    Mark as:
    May 3, 2012 8:13 PM   in reply to David__B

It seems to be working now. I'm still uncertain about jumping on Creative Cloud just because of its novelty, but at least I now have the option to buy a subscription instead of looking dumbstruck at a verbose and cryptic error message.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points