Skip navigation
CliveLight
Currently Being Moderated

Why are the adjustment layer controls grayed out?

May 2, 2012 7:38 AM

I have used an adjustment layer in CS5 and when it was first used I could adjust everything.  Now most of the controls have grayed out and whilst I can slide the sliders I can not type figures in nor use the radio buttons!  Why has it locked me out?  It has happened on a few images and with both Colour Balance and Hue and Saturation Layers.

controls grayed out.jpg

The image above shows the problem with the top Colour Balance layer where I can not select Shadows or Highlights, nor type in figures for the sliders BUT I can slide them and change the tick on Preserve Luminosity!  The basic image being edited is an 8-bit RGB file. 

Adding a new adjustment layer (Colour Balance) on top of this one initially showed the same problem but after adding 3 more new adjustment layers suddenly eveything came back to fully working again - even the original problem layer!

This problem keeps happening with some of my images.  It is happening on all 3 of our photoshop PC's, so it looks like a basic PS bug.  Has anyone else seen this or know why it happens?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 3, 2012 3:25 PM   in reply to CliveLight

You have the mask highlighted do the mouse clicking on the adjustment icon instead of the mask

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points