I'm not a computer wize and very new to Adobe and creating forms with LiveCycle. So apologize to anyone that reads this and says "duh", but hopefully it will be helpful to someone out there who is struggling like I was.
First off - the IPad will will definitely be able to view your livecycle forms regardless of what anyone else says! These were my steps;
1. Create form in LiveCycle Designer.
2. When you save, select "save as"
3. When the dialogue box opens, and you are creating the name of what you are going to call your file, below you will see a drop down box labeled "Save As Type". Make sure you switch the file type to "Adobe Static PDF Form (*.pdf)"
And that's it!
Here is another tip for a user like me:)
I need to create a form to post to a website, where people fill it in and save it to their computers. I found that when I just saved the form straight from LiveCycle Designer and then posted, some of the free adobe versions wouldn't let the user fill it in. So this is what I did,
1. Follow the first 3 steps I listed above.
2. Next open Adobe (the full version) not the reader. I have Adobe X.
3. Got to "Save As". It will give you a bunch of options. Select "Reader Extended PDF" and then "Enable Additional Features"
Add that should be it!
One more tip for the average to low level user. We had some feedback that when someone open my form in the iPad app. they were not able to fill it in. They could, but what they didn't realize was they needed to select the icon at the top that is a little picture of a speech bubble and pencile.
Yup, I can totally fill it in!
It was no problem posting the steps. I always feel so inadequate reading these forums becuase I don't understand most of whats being said, lol. Hopefully, it will help the few out there like me:)
Yup. I filled in the form and made a bunch of comments, closed the app and everything I had filled in on the form was still there. I also tried emailing the filled in form to myself and opening it. The comments and filled in sections don't appear when I open it in my email viewer, but as long as I open it in the adobe app everything is still there.
Now all I have to do is to convince my web guy not to be mad when I Tell him he has to repost all my files (JK) ;)