Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

PDF File Upgrade Problem.

Level 2

Am using Adobe reader 9, now am trying to upgrade my PDF file version from 1.4 to 1.6, while am upgrade the file Adobe Reader will get automatically closed, What is the Problem?

19 Replies

Level 10

Sorry, but I don't understand what you're trying to do.

Please explain exactly what you're doing.

Level 2

Screen Shot.JPG

I have uploaded PDF document properties window screen shot in that I have highlighted pdf version that is 1.4 , but I want to upgrade that pdf version into 1.6 or above, for that am using Adobe Reader 9 to upgrade while upgrading the Adobe reader will get automatically closed the upgrading process will terminated.

Level 10

I'm still not sure what you're doing and why.

I mean, how are you trying to change the PDF Version of your PDF? Reader isn't able to do such things.

Level 2

Thanks for reply,

Sorry for miss understanding, Now i will explain you setp by step process

Am going to add Accessbility tag to my PDF document

Step: 1

Adding accessbility Tag to the pdf document

Add Tags to Document in Acrobat 9 Pro_Screentshot-1.jpg

Error Msg:

While the process get started the following error message will appear and adobe reader will get closed

Add Tags to Document in Acrobat 9 Pro_Screentshot-2_Error.jpg

Are you got what is problem?

Level 10

Well, first of all, you should install the latest updates for your Acrobat (current Acrobat 9.5.1).

If the error then still occurs, it may be that the internal structure of your file is damaged or of a very poor quality.

Then I suggest to run the preflight plugin to try to fix the PDF.

There are tons of fixups in the preflight plugin so you may have to test which does fix your problem.

PDFFix.png

Level 2

Hi radzmar,

I have applied all instruction which is given by you in "Acrobat 10" but still am getting same problem please see the screen shoot as below

screenshot-1.JPG

screenshot-2.JPG

screenshot-3.JPG

Level 2

Hi radzmar,

One more interesting news am used "Acrobat 6" for adding accessibility tag it was completed successfully without any error message and result is fine.

But I want to known what is the problem in "Acrobat 9" and "Acrobat 10" can you help me?

Level 10

Interesting.

Can you upload you PDF file somewhere, so I can check it with my system?

Level 2

There is no option in this reply forum to send file to you so please send me your e-mail id for sending that sample pdf file else give me any other alternative way to send file to you.

Thanking you..

Level 10

Please use a file sharing service such as Acrobat.com and post the link here.

Level 10

Hi,

sorry but the link has expired.

Level 4

Good to see you here, Radzmar.  I noticed you when I visited the Acrobat forms forum and felt you were bored because you were not challenged.  This forum is much, much more engaging and you are naturally thriving (three red boxes).  Thank you for helping here.

Level 10

Hi,

ok you file was created with Abbyy Fine Reader 10 and seems to have some internal faults.

Even my Acrobat X crashes when I try to add tags.

I could solve the problem by saving the file as optimized PDF through Acrobat before adding the tags.

SaveOptimized.png

Level 2

Hi

I am using Acrobat 9 , am fallowed as per your instruction but still am having the same problem,,,

Instruction :

Screenshot-1.jpg

Error Message:

Screenshot-2.jpg

Level 2

Thanks for you help,,

I am having one more problem in adding tag to pdf please hlep me see below forums link

http://forums.adobe.com/message/4378468#4378468