Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

lost type replaced by small squares

Jul 17, 2008 8:12 AM

I am using Windows IDCS, and am encountering a problem when exporting to PDF. My doc text is correct in INCS, but when viewing the PDF, there are small white squares with a black outline in the first line and the type has disappeared. This also happened in a couple of other lines at the top of the text box, but is fine for the rest of the 3 pages.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 17, 2008 8:53 AM   in reply to (Katherine_Martin)
    It sound as if you are not embedding the font properly. Of course this should be automatic when exporting unless the font is restricted. What font are you using?

Do the missing characters (the ones that turn into empty boxes) show up anywhere else in the same font?

And you really are exporting, right, not printing, to PDF?

Peter

|
    Mark as:
    May 3, 2012 4:20 PM   in reply to (Katherine_Martin)

I too am expericing this.

just to explain a little in how I got this my process is

I start with a PDF that I need to grab data from, I open in Illustraitor and copy the content I need in to InDesign. it all seems to work even in preview, but when i export into PDF sometimes some of the characters turn into the boxes

|
    Mark as:
    May 4, 2012 4:17 AM   in reply to GatchaponK

Please start a new thread rather than tacking onto this one which is now nearly 4 years old. When you do, please tell us the operatiing system, and the version of InDesign, as well as the patch level, that you are using.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)